Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

boostaholic

Re: SoCal SD/TD/FWD Chrysler Meeting time again...

Lets see, wind chill factor at 65 MPH in 45 degree weather = you're out of your freakin" mind.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

candyazz
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

turbo addict

No sh1t, People up here ride around in below freezing. Here's some poor bastard riding while it's snowing outside. Sorry for the quality, snapped it with my cell phone while trying to drive. http://www.pnw-sdac.org/gallery/v/Me...1623a.jpg.html

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Yeah, thanks Jay, and in that pic, it looks like they're riding two up!
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Garrett booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Who else?
    Let's make it a bike nite.
    I can ride my BMX to the meet

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I'm trying to talk myself outta buying this 1800 mile 2006 V Rod, Screaming Eagle limited. Nicest pushrod bike I've ever ridden...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V-Rod.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	328.8 KB 
ID:	29242  

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Alan, My brother is working weekends at a Harley shop, you should go talk to him.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

^only if he tries to talk me outta it too Last thing I need is to get splatterd accross the hood of some soccer Mom's minvan riding that thing. I sold all the bikes when my wife got pregnant the first time. I want to get back into riding when they can fend for themselves but the Vrod is a freinds bike that has been sitting for 4+years and he is hurting for the $$

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

turbo addict

That does make it tempting. I'd love one too.
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

uumm, no push rods in the V-rod, engine (or maybe it was just the heads) designed by Porsche, DOHC, 9000 rpm redline, 1100+cc, 120 ish HP

Great bike in concept. Got too heavy in the execution; stuff drags on the ground.

Alan, what's your friend want for it?

I didn't get back on the bikes until my daughter went off to college . . . . . with ya on that one. Lovin it now.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."

Hybrid booster

Hey guys, I miss all of you and I know you miss me too. Lets try to get a weekend thing goin. Just a one off because I know the tradition of thursday is not to be messed with. I probably won't even be driving a TD after my bike gets going until the lancer gets on the road. The Charger needs a bunch of stuff including the clutch sooooo, I want to park it.

I'll start throwing dates around after I talk to a few of you guys. My house has a big --- backyard with a pool as well as a huge sweeping front yard if we were to do the impromptu car show thing again.

I've been working nights now for a while so I would have to take a vacation day or a sick day to get up there on a thursday and vacation time is like gold when you work for "the man"

I'll start a thread after the PM's and texts start rolling in.

Rosie
    in San Diego

Well, yeah, let's have a party in San Diego! Rosie, ya just gotta set a date, announce it, and go for it. Doesn't work, tryin to get others to say when they can and when they can't make a date.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

boostaholic

I broke down on way home, right in frt of J/yard. Diag. was bad dis. rotor. Spend the night trying to sleep in Ecology's parking lot. Didn't work to well. Yard only had 1 car with the parts I needed but I made it home and missed work due to lack of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by butchsuppe View Post
    I broke down on way home, right in frt of J/yard. Diag. was bad dis. rotor. Spend the night trying to sleep in Ecology's parking lot. Didn't work to well. Yard only had 1 car with the parts I needed but I made it home and missed work due to lack of sleep.
    Butch, you've rebuilt whole motors roadside and a bad rotor/Dist cap sidelined you til the AM Working on all those Vipers is making you lose your TM touch

Hybrid booster

Hey All, I haven't come to any meetings in a while, anyone going tonight or is the holiday weekend thing tomorrow make it a bust.

I'll be there.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

I'm in Tommy, the only 'bust' we've had was when practiaclly the entire SoCal crew was at Mopars at the Strip this year and like 5 people showed up at the meeting. Bust for them but we were having a good time in Vegas

turbo addict

I will be at the November meeting there!

Good turnout.

Alan, thanks for the SDAC shirt; now I can claim I was there.
    John Laing

-- Alexis de Tocqueville

--Ayn Rand

boostaholic

Since 2 of our customers were running at Irwindale half the shop went too, so I missed the meeting. The supercharged 94 Viper ran too fast for the 4 point cage and was not allowed too run anymore. The other was a supercharged Hemi Magnum the ran low 8's.