Thread: Coolant pipe off head.

Garrett booster

Coolant pipe off head.

The little pipe that goes from the bottom of the head curves up goes on the side and goes to the heater core?

Does anybody know what size this thing is ? I just came back from lowes and it doesn seem to be NPT is there anyway around this or do I need to find this bent piece of tubing to replace it.

Even though this should be in another thread, How in the world do you plumb up an intercooler with a radiator thats 4 feet wide. Do I really have to snake the tubing all over the place to clear everything or is there a way to get a straight shot, checking out the FMIC thread makes me think my car is the only one with an enormous radiator. Should I get a smaller radiator?

btw car is an 85 daytona in the progress for the past year of a t2 conversion

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Anonymous_User's Avatar

Re: Coolant pipe off head.

Can't help on the coolant pipe, but....

You can get a T2 radiator, but they are getting HARD to find in usable condition. That would leave a large area to run the IC pipes through the rad support. Or you could pick up a TBI Omni radiator and fab some mounts. They are narrower, also. You definitely do not need the large T1 radiator that is in the car.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Its pipe thread, I would say around 1/2 inch or larger.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

The fitting that comes out from under the water box beneath the thermostat is 3/4" NPT.

Hybrid booster

I use a 3/4" x 14 NPS.

I got mine here:
    http://www.jlindustrial.com/CGI/JISR...earch&x=28&y=9

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous_User View Post
    You can get a T2 radiator, but they are getting HARD to find in usable condition.
    Not really. Hardest part to get people to PAY what they are worth.

Garrett booster

I figured I could run an omni radiator or some other I just didn't want to overheat my car, Thanks for all the help.

Garrett booster

Upon searching around there seems to be two omni radiators the smallest one is the radiator for cars without ac but the inlets and outlets seem to be on the same side and one of them is ----ed off to the side
    The other is about an inch bigger for cars with ac and it seems to have the lower outlet at a 90 although its much more expensive. My only concern would be finding hoses to make all of this work. I would really like to get rid of this mamoth radiator So I can fit a front mount.
    Thanks again

Garrett booster

Im going to try to fit a honda civic radiator in teh GLH, saw it done on another omni somewhere.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

I ran a radiator from a turbo GLH/Shelby Charger in my '88 Daytona wit no problems at all, and it left plenty of room for the piping. You'll just have to fabricate mounts. Go to the last page of this thread - http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10037 for ideas. The radiators in L-bodies and early G-bodies mount exactly the same, just the spacing is different, so while this is going in an SC, the idea is the same. In fact, this radiator is the very one I used in my Daytona. I also ran it in my CSXT for a while too, although the upper mounts on those are very different.
    Last edited by supercrackerbox; 12-20-2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: fixed link