Thread: Maserati TC dash in an L-body?

Maserati TC dash in an L-body?

I'm getting ready to install my 16V DOHC masi motor in my 83 Rampage. I have all the 16V wiring and dash etc etc. i'm thinking instead of modifying everything to work with the rampage heat and dash, since my stuff is all custom, why not pull it all out and install the dash from the Masi TC. its nice black leather and then i have the same controls to work with the wiring i would be using. any chance the dash might fit ?

Hybrid booster

Re: Maserati TC dash in an L-body?

I had a pic of a omni with a shelby daytona dash in it... The width should be *ok* but not too sure on the mounting brackets and such, prob have to make some adapters which shouldn't be too hard to do.. So, it *should* fit as that bodystyle was derived from a G-body.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Make it happen. Cool idea.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Garrett booster

Sounds like a sweet idea! Post up pics!!!

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

There was a TIII car that had a full gbody front interior in it. The sides of the dash never looked quite right IMO though.

In general the lbody is 1.5" narrower than the Gbody. This is true of the frame and the track width. I am not sure how much of that translates directly to the interior.

guess i will find out when i start pulling stuff out one day

Its a very nice interior and i figure why not use it then i dont have to worry about mating things together with the rampage and the TC wiring to get it to work.

You know, wiring is such a pain, it might actually be easier this way.

Basic Vendor (MSD, Hawk, etc) Turbo Mopar Contributor rbryant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty_Duster View Post
    You know, wiring is such a pain, it might actually be easier this way.
    Yes but wiring can be wrapped up in friction tape and hidden. Gaps and misfitment of the dash will stick out like a sore thumb to everyone...

-Rich

cant stick out to anyone when its not seen, who is honestly gonna see my car but me really?

Mom Says I'm Special. :-) Turbo Mopar Staff Subliminal's Avatar

Exactly...make it fast and all they'll see is the rear end.
    Damon

"America is all about speed...hot, nasty badass speed."
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

Exactly !!!!! at least somebody gets it and it will be comfortable and feel more like a car than sitting in a Omni, no offense to you Omni lovers