Thread: 90 Daytona power window problems

Hybrid booster

90 Daytona power window problems

Looks like the white plastic strip that opens and closes the window broke on my daytona the other day. It broke right where it bolts to the window glass. I talked to the previous owner and he said it did the same thing last year and he replaced it with a new piece. My question is, does anyone have the part number for that piece or the correct name for it so when I go to the dealer to order it I don't look too stupid? Or if any one wants to give me one I will gladly take it! Also any tips on how to get it back together?

Re: 90 Daytona power window problems

No pt # needed Jim. They sellum at autozone ,advance, pepboys. In the doodad isle with all the RED packaged HELP brand stuff. Called a window regulator track. About $15.
    Clean everthing off with carb cleaner.Slick up the track rail with a lite weight silicone lube. Same with the guide post and felt. Heavy weight and petroleum lubes tend to thicken up in winter.

its 4467214 most dealer have them like $25

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBRUDDA View Post
    No pt # needed Jim. They sellum at autozone ,advance, pepboys. In the doodad isle with all the RED packaged HELP brand stuff. Called a window regulator track. About $15.
    Clean everthing off with carb cleaner.Slick up the track rail with a lite weight silicone lube. Same with the guide post and felt. Heavy weight and petroleum lubes tend to thicken up in winter.
    Thank you! I'll check out the part store tonight. Thanks for the PT# JDAWG, if the part store don't have it I'll go to the dealer.

You are going to have a hard time cutting it to the right length with a replacement already in there. Wrong length equals new ones braking.