Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SRT-4 Caliber Review video

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

SRT-4 Caliber Review video

I put the actual video in the 'video' forum but thought I'd throw a link to it here for discussion...

Video is here: http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20263

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Re: SRT-4 Caliber Review video

I think most of our cars can waste one.I would like to drive one though.

turbo addict

That guy is nothing more than a factory salesperson. He knows more about the friggin body kit than the rest of the car!

I for one HATE the new SRT-4, and as I posted before(different forum), I hope it dies a quick, but painful death to teach those idiots not to screw with something good!

Hybrid booster

Don't blame SRT for this one. SRT did an amazing job making it what it is. That car is far more than I ever expected out of a caliber.
    [COLOR="Red"][B][I]Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world![/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]2005 Dodge Neon - *15.88@85* - Daily Driver[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]1985 Dodge Shelby Charger - Project Car[/COLOR]

turbo addict

Wow...getting rid of a perfectly good LSD for a laughably ineffective electronic gizmo that uses the brakes to gain traction(this only works "OK" in a straight line), installing a crappy 6-speed tranny in place of a beefier 5-speed, installing heavier brakes that are both not needed and not very effective...the list goes on and on...yeah, don't blame SRT. OK. I won't. I'll blame Chrysler. That car SUCKS!!! It sucked before it hit the showroom floors, it sucks now, it's gonna suck once it finally dies and is hopefully replaced by something MUCH better. That is if Chrysler survives the new ownership, which truthfully I don't see happening. At least not as the Chrysler we know right now.

The Caliber is too heavy, too big, and too much of a smoke and mirrors show. It doesn't fit the compact car class that the car it replaced was niched in. It's too fat to make a real performance car out of it. It's FUGLY to the bone. It's quality sucks. You couldn't GIVE one to me!! I'd sell the d@mn thing and buy something else...and it wouldn't be a Chrysler product! That's right, I'd jump ship right now if I were to buy a new car.

I'm sorry, I just HATE this car....

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Wow...getting rid of a perfectly good LSD for a laughably ineffective electronic gizmo that uses the brakes to gain traction(this only works "OK" in a straight line), installing a crappy 6-speed tranny in place of a beefier 5-speed, installing heavier brakes that are both not needed and not very effective...the list goes on and on...yeah, don't blame SRT. OK. I won't. I'll blame Chrysler. That car SUCKS!!! It sucked before it hit the showroom floors, it sucks now, it's gonna suck once it finally dies and is hopefully replaced by something MUCH better. That is if Chrysler survives the new ownership, which truthfully I don't see happening. At least not as the Chrysler we know right now.

The Caliber is too heavy, too big, and too much of a smoke and mirrors show. It doesn't fit the compact car class that the car it replaced was niched in. It's too fat to make a real performance car out of it. It's FUGLY to the bone. It's quality sucks. You couldn't GIVE one to me!! I'd sell the d@mn thing and buy something else...and it wouldn't be a Chrysler product! That's right, I'd jump ship right now if I were to buy a new car.

I'm sorry, I just HATE this car....
    From this I would conclude that you're not a business person.

Why pay to have a different transmission (5 vs 6 speed) when the 6 speed is readily available, just as the previous piece USED to be.

Why spend money on an expensive LSD when the electronic setup can be utilized from the other vehicles that the system has already been developed on?

If you don't take that into consideration, or you say that those are "stupid" reasons, then you TRULY won't ever see Chrysler, or any other manufacturer, make any progress or profit.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

i wish they had some in car vids on the track. there is another vid on the track.

i do wish they had another small car like the neon. this is the first lineup of cars since 1978 that chrysler doesnt have a true small car to hop up. it sucks.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

One sentence.

"Let's use the brakes to improve acceleration."
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

''very aggressive look in the back''

Thats the one that gets me, looks like a family sedan in the back to me.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

If I had a better job I would buy one. I drive an Omni, Lancer, and Spirit so it's not like looks are a top priority for me anyway.

Can you imagine running away from a new Mustang GT in a Caliber of all things.....ouch....sound familiar anyone?

boostaholic

I like when they said the back is what most people will see of it,should have said unless you are in the old SRT-4 or any turbo car from the previous era.

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    One sentence.

"Let's use the brakes to improve acceleration."
    Did or did not Alan's rental 300 Hemi spin both tires?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Let's face it, I am sure that any true car guy would not use the caliber to start with if they had the choice. I do agree with Aaron though when he speaks of the buisiness side of the equasion.

I don't think they could sell more than 1K cars/year that the average guy on this site would put together. There is just not a market for it.

I think they need to enter it into WRC

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

That's why I drive 20 year old cars.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I think they need to enter it into WRC
    Yeah! that way we can all get to see what the underside of one looks like!
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    That's why I drive 20 year old cars.
    ehh, no car payment is why I do LOL

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    Yeah! that way we can all get to see what the underside of one looks like!
    And driving thru a herd of villagers too!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Hybrid booster

You wanna bash Chrysler for making changes people hate at first? Give back your TM's. If the K-car can save the company, give their new ideas a chance. Besides, for 22K what can beat it?
    [COLOR="Red"][B][I]Turbo Cars are like hot women. A little edgy, every guy wants one, some guys can't handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix they'll rock your world![/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]2005 Dodge Neon - *15.88@85* - Daily Driver[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]1985 Dodge Shelby Charger - Project Car[/COLOR]

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

if small cars are what saved them from destruction, why are they making only big crap again? WTF?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast