Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: E85?

Hybrid booster

Re: E85?

Update, last two fill ups, 26.3 and 25 mpg e85 briefly went below $3.00 a gallon for a day.

Greg

turbo addict

i think im going the down the e85 road too, perhaps not full e85 for a while but i put 3 gallons in last night with 93 the rest, ran good, like stated, just tune for .80 lambda with e85 and your good since:

Max power rich .71 lambda
    max power lean .86 lambda

next tank will be 50/50 e85/93oct.

Hybrid booster

Good to hear. I think you will really like the benifit of running e85.

Greg

turbo addict

Its stayed at 2.99 a gallon here for months while regular has gone from 3.88 to 4.25 at its highest. Diesel is even at 3.90. The van loves the stuff but kinda runs goofy as I need to get the timing adjusted.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT] ____________________________________________ 92 Voyager LE 3.3/A604 luxury liner 185k [COLOR="Red"]"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]"It's not tyranny we desire; it's a just, limited, federal government." Alexander Hamilton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Support our economy-BUY AMERICA: [url]http://nortonsusa.com/[/url][/COLOR]

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

It's $2.89 Near my place pretty consistantly.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

turbo addict

Unfortunately I am unable to run full e85, since with 20psi it appears my injectors cannot keep up with the fuel demands and they are leaning out in the upper rpms, i turned the fp up to 62psi, and even richened out the computer but sitll no go, i did replace the fuel filter, perhaps i need to do it again, sucks since its 12 bucks a pop. but anyways as of now i am avg. 22mpg thats about 3 less mpg then before and at the cost difference 2.49/gal vs 3.69 a gal its worth it

On the timing adjustment, do have to tune then the timing tables on the computer, or can i just adjust the base dist. timing to 13-14 degrees instead?
    Last edited by 1966 dart wagon; 10-06-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 dart wagon View Post
    Unfortunately I am unable to run full e85, since with 20psi it appears my injectors cannot keep up with the fuel demands and they are leaning out in the upper rpms, i turned the fp up to 62psi, and even richened out the computer but sitll no go, i did replace the fuel filter, perhaps i need to do it again, sucks since its 12 bucks a pop. but anyways as of now i am avg. 22mpg thats about 3 less mpg then before and at the cost difference 2.49/gal vs 3.69 a gal its worth it

On the timing adjustment, do have to tune then the timing tables on the computer, or can i just adjust the base dist. timing to 13-14 degrees instead?
    Since you are effectively running a higher octane you probably could use the dist, but I would probably do it in the cal and bring up the timing at higher boost a little at a time rather than just raising it x number of degrees across the board.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Since you are effectively running a higher octane you probably could use the dist, but I would probably do it in the cal and bring up the timing at higher boost a little at a time rather than just raising it x number of degrees across the board.
    I would but i no longer am borrowing a chip burner still looking on ebay though. How would i know ive gone to far? i do have the CEL with knock detection, would i just watch for a light and keep going till i get a CEL???

Thanks for the input

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 dart wagon View Post
    I would but i no longer am borrowing a chip burner still looking on ebay though. How would i know ive gone to far? i do have the CEL with knock detection, would i just watch for a light and keep going till i get a CEL???

Thanks for the input
    Bump it up a little at a time and observe the CEL to make sure you aren't getting any detonation.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234