Thread: Drag wheel thread/please do not beat/flame me.....

Drag wheel thread/please do not beat/flame me.....

I did a search. I did not find much. I want to put a set of Draglites or Rodlites on the van. I want 15 x 8's up front and 15 x 4's on the back for street use. I have a set of SRT4 wheels/tires now, but something tells me that the draglites/rodlites would be badass with skinnies on the back and drag radials on the front. I don't guess you can get them in a 5 x 100, so what can I do? Adapters?
    I contacted Bogart and Kodiac for some nice drag wheels, but neither recommended them for the street. Bogart was willing to make some street wheels, but I cannot pay $650/wheel; I was stretching to afford regular Bogarts as it was (don't get me wrong, they are worth it; I just can't afford it).

What is a whiney b*tch to do?

BTW, the engine is getting a rebuild this weekend!

-Les

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: Drag wheel thread/please do not beat/flame me.....

Yeah, Bogarts kickass but you have to get the billet center section to use on the street safely. You can find some other rims that will work, just try to find the old school RWD mopar small bolt pattern like these Rear Centerline Autodrags 5 on 4"... hard to find the fronts with the correct offset tho.

and Bogarts just look badass!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

How much do your bogarts weigh?
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Bogart will make any size wheel you want, I met someone with a great set of a 9sec Srt4 and he said you have to call with your offset and size and they can make. i think the pair for the rears were 600 he told me, they were skinnys and matching wide ones up front, dont know how much they were

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

These would be badass on a van for the street, there my drag wheels and light. If I didn't have my 16" GTC wheels, I'd buy a 16" or 17" set of these.

Rota Slipstreams.

You can get them online here-

Rota wheels

1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    How much do your bogarts weigh?
    Drag-on-fly-stars

15x8 = 9.5lbs
    15x3.5 = 7.5 lbs

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Psssshhh that's only about a pound or two of weight savings over what I have up front. I'll stick to those that can be street driven for now.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

I like the Rotas, but how cool would having some fattys up front and skinnies in the back be? Damn, that would be cool. It would especially be cool on the van.

-Les

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fastasleep View Post
    I like the Rotas, but how cool would having some fattys up front and skinnies in the back be? Damn, that would be cool. It would especially be cool on the van.

-Les
    I guess I will be the first to say that skinnies on the rear, on the street, would not be fun.

just gotta rememebr they ar eback there. driving with slicks on the street, you're not gonna be cornering hard anyways

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    just gotta rememebr they ar eback there. driving with slicks on the street, you're not gonna be cornering hard anyways
    That is true. I suppose it depends on the type of street duty the car will see. I guess he hasn't said daily driver...

Probably do drag radials up front and some 15 x 5's in the back. I wanted to go 3" in the back, but that is just too skinny. I'll just go with a different backspacing in the rear to make them look more skinny. Has anyone here had good luck with wheel adapters?

-Les

Quote Originally Posted by fastasleep View Post
    Probably do drag radials up front and some 15 x 5's in the back. I wanted to go 3" in the back, but that is just too skinny. I'll just go with a different backspacing in the rear to make them look more skinny. Has anyone here had good luck with wheel adapters?

-Les
    I have seen some nice sets of adapters on a guys car that worked in the tire shop. They were nice, but I don't think that I would run them. Just a little too much for me to think about when taking corners.

Same thing I was thinking. Also, I don't know if the tech inspectors would notice or not, but it couldn't be a good thing if they do notice.

-Les

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    These would be badass on a van for the street, there my drag wheels and light. If I didn't have my 16" GTC wheels, I'd buy a 16" or 17" set of these.

Rota Slipstreams.

You can get them online here-

Rota wheels
    Slipstreams FTW!!!!!

SSR's FTW