Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1989 Csx Vnt

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: 1989 Csx Vnt

Thanks Forza, I agree with you.

Guys, this thread has been crapped in enough, if you don't have anything good to say and aren't looking to buy the car just keep your mouth shut. No more warnings will be given.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

+1 Forza!

btw, did I miss what number this car is?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

its number 209 JT... And yeah it just really needs a good steam cleaning and some love and it will be great.. Im willing to work with the TD/TM/SD guys so this car gets a good home. So make some offers... nothing under 2400 will be considered, As I could keep it and wait till tax time and go get the gfx and put them on and resell if for 3500 easily I think.

Thanx Forza and dave and JT

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Decent number... if it matched one of my 87's I'd be uber interested Kind of have too many projects now tho

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

LOL thats understandable.

Ok I have the Steering Column being done soon I had to order one online since there was only a red one at any of the local yards...
    The car will be running and driving in a week.

Make some offers or I have to sell it to a Non td guy just so I can get my stuff settled.
    I will sell it with the recent work done for 2400 as is or 2k WITHOUT THE FIBERIDES.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post
    LOL thats understandable.

Ok I have the Steering Column being done soon I had to order one online since there was only a red one at any of the local yards...
    The car will be running and driving in a week.

Make some offers or I have to sell it to a Non td guy just so I can get my stuff settled.
    I will sell it with the recent work done for 2400 as is or 2k WITHOUT THE FIBERIDES.

Did you already order the column? I have a perfect column out of a CSX(with key).
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

LOL Forza not yet I just found one and had the guy set it aside till I can borrow my friends CC to pay for it. He told me Column only with a key will be 55 shipped to my door.

How much do you want for yours and is it an 89 CSX and have the steering wheel? And I have to make a trip again to L.A. lol
    Last time I did that i got hit in the head with a crescent wrench when I picked up the GLHS

And really I just want to sell it especially now after that guy stole my dash insert the gold CSX one on the passenger side.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post
    LOL Forza not yet I just found one and had the guy set it aside till I can borrow my friends CC to pay for it. He told me Column only with a key will be 55 shipped to my door.

How much do you want for yours and is it an 89 CSX and have the steering wheel? And I have to make a trip again to L.A. lol
    Last time I did that i got hit in the head with a crescent wrench when I picked up the GLHS

And really I just want to sell it especially now after that guy stole my dash insert the gold CSX one on the passenger side.
    I think its for an 89-not sure how to tell the difference. It is perfect. It did have the steering wheel(perfect), but I used it on my 89 CSX and sold the one on the car that wasn't quite as nice. Its just sitting on the shelf in my hanger. You can have it if you'd like, I just don't want to deal with shipping it. If you have someone to pick it up in the next few weeks, its yours. Otherwise, I 'll probably offer it up to the locals when I bring the next batch of unused TD parts to a meeting.

What ever happened to that GLHS?
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Still have it. Engine died about a month later, But it killed 2 evo's in one weekend which was fun.

I will see what I can do about the column.

Bump, Im considering Ebay since it seems to get alot more hits and more postive response...Offers?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Devin, do you have the title for this car?

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Why?
    Yeah I do, But the guy has not mailed it to me yet and thats also why I aint got the gfx cause he is never home it seems, But I did call the DMV and spoke with the supervisor there and she said if need be I can come in with a bill of sale which i got, 5 or 6 pictures of the car and fill out some paper and pay the registration and I will have a title in 30-days.

Also And more pics......

... This is the column after I pulled it to replace it with another VNT CSX Column...

... handle is there just pulled off to show no tears underneath.

And more... And keep in mind I said it is very dirty, Not ripped or torn just dirty and needing a good detail as it sat without a windsheild with just a tarp for a few years, but there is no rust, I checked that....

pics:

... The handle is there but was taken off to show there was no rips underneath it..

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/shelbydodge/DCFC0164.jpg
    [/IMG]

And a few more.....

I realize its dirty, I dont think its staint cause I sprayed degreaser on some spots and some came off but I didnt have enough time to do the whole car, As I was trying to get pictures as well as what works for cleaning interiors since I have never had to do one this dirty before.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

So you dont have the title. I would disclose that to potential buyers if I were you. Its only fair.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

[QUOTE=87ShelbyZ;264736]Why?
    Yeah I do, But the guy has not mailed it to me yet and thats also why I aint got the gfx cause he is never home it seems, But I did call the DMV and spoke with the supervisor there and she said if need be I can come in with a bill of sale which i got, 5 or 6 pictures of the car and fill out some paper and pay the registration and I will have a title in 30-days.

Devin, I just got a title for my Lebaron that way. However, they will only issue you a title if the car has not been registered in the last 3 years AND it is valued at less than $1000(that's what the pictures are for). You will also have to have a VIN check done. I had the Taylorsville Police come out and do mine. Good luck with the sale.
    Last edited by xdig; 01-29-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

How's the under carriage look any rust? Have any pics of the under carriage some pics of the spare tire well also.
    You may not have a lot of time to clean the hole car but you should try to make some time to clean the seats at least. The carpet can be replaced for a reasonable price but the seats are pricey to replace so you should make sure there are no stains in the seats and thats its just dirt

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

Hybrid booster

atleast clean the seats or wash it ,and get the title ,then you might get some responces you want to hear (just my opion) it might have been a good idea to mension that earlier (about the title),but hope everything works out for you and the buyer

Ok first off if your not interested in the car quit making comments about it in any way shape or form, Im a little peeved cause its more negativity than it needs to be.(not directed towards dave or sherri)

A far as Sherri's Questions

The car is being stored, and I have no way to get pictures of the trunk/funder the car, But I did check last week and there is no rust not even bubbles

As for cleaning it its going to cost me around 50-75 to have it detailed, I cant afford to spend any more money or time as I work and have therapy and after all that is my time with my 5 year old son which I cant take out in the cold to work on my car. on the car right now, Hence the for sale ad
    As for the title issue
    My friends mom is the boss at the dmv and my brother is a state inspector so thats covered, I just havent done it yet cause I figured by now I would have had the original title in the mail by now.

2400 or best offer over 2 grand takes it..
    Or 2 grand and a shelby VC and a a/f gauge and boost gauge for my Charger/ or next DD
    shiiping is around 5-600 to either Oregon oklahoma and Cali from DaS
    Last edited by 87ShelbyZ; 01-31-2008 at 11:35 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast