Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1989 Csx Vnt

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

Re: 1989 Csx Vnt

with out the shelby items, all you are trying to sell is a glorified Shadow.
    And with such bad pictures no one will even consider it.

boostaholic

how's the paint, I cant tell from the pics? Why don't you post some new pics, so people can see how nice it is as you describe it?

Edit: what site did you post the pics at, there were none on the fs thread for your car on td?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
    with out the shelby items, all you are trying to sell is a glorified Shadow.
    And with such bad pictures no one will even consider it.
    Please explain how the gfx and rear spoiler are the only things that make it a shelby?
    And how is it a glorified shadow?
    Thats the stuff Im talking about negative ignorant comments especially when it seems clear your not interested darkapollo

And the fact is it is a complete running driving numbered shelby and not just a glorified dodge shadow.

If no one is interested in it fine dont comment on it then. And people wonder why I have an attitude...
    Fact is the only things the car is missing is the gfx and spoiler IF YOU WOULD HAVE ACTUALLY READ THE AD YOU WOULD HAVE SAW THAT IT HAS EVERY OTHER SHELBY ITEM like the fiberides the dash plaque the valve cover the VNT motor/turbo/ 555 trans/ shelby interior in very good shape...
    And with only 55k original miles..
    If you dont like my price or think its just a glorified shadow, STOP POSTING IN MY FS THREAD!!! you obviously dont have the faintest idea of what the car is to some people and obviously you aint interested in buying it so why do you care whether or not I post pictures.
    Let the people that actually have money and an interest decide for themselves whether or not its just a glorified shadow and whether or not they want to give what I want for it.Its funny because I know 4 a fact if I dropped the price like that other poor guy did to 2 grand everyone would be all nice and be making offers for it cause they would be getting a great deal on a rare low mile numbered shelby for alot less than what its really worth cause most td guys are cheap***** and wouldnt be calling it just a glorified shadow. /Rant off

Anyways Bump and I am willing to do trade plush cash for T2 5 Speed Cars
    GLHT'S/GLHS/T2 CB Daytonas etc
    Last edited by 87ShelbyZ; 01-03-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Beautiful CSX prototype going on Barrett -Jackson this year, i'l be watching to see how much that beauty goes for.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

I would like some better pics as the pics you have on here it looks like the paint is pealing, the interior is extremely dirty. I check this post every day to see if you have better pics, but you never post any. If you want to sell the car I personally would get some better pics. I would only give maybe $2000 because of the poor pics. I am always is the market of another CSX-VNT They are fun cars but when I live in Michigan I cannot just drive to you house and take a look at it.

I would recommend getting better pics of all sides of car, interior, trunk undercarriage, engine compartment, just ask Cindy from FWD when I bought here spare CSX She had to take a lot of pics before I decided to buy the car from here

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

No offense my man, but even though people may not be interested in coming out to get it, why not just take their request for a picture with a grain of salt and post better quality pics. of everything? I know that even though I have my CSX already that I'd be interested, as I always am, in seeing additional pics. of any CSX that comes up for sale. But with the way you begin flipping out on any and everyone who posts here in your thread, I didn't even bother until now simply because if you do want to sell something, be pleasant about it. You should be well aware that there are tire kickers no matter where you post things for sale, whether it be in the newspaper or on here. Some people are giving their honest opinions on price though in order to try and help you sell it since it seems like you wish to, and you're jumping on them. To be honest, the CSX I ended up purchasing initially started around the price you are asking. But after discussing things with the seller, such as SHelby specific pieces missing (GFX and rims on mine) they were willing to bargain knowing it was going to a good home. I'm not here to start an argument, but besides your car having 55k original miles, it needs a lot of work.

And I actually did tell the previous owners of my car as well that they basically had a Dodge Shadow on their hands with a dash plaque since it was missing some of the primary pieces , so I can see where darkapollo is coming from. The GFX and spoiler were a specific aerodynamic package designed by Kaminari only for the 1989 CSX-VNT. The spoiler and front air dam (although it is not exactly correct) are the only pieces still able to be found but are very pricey. The sides are NS1 and are next to impossible to find used. The rear air dam was reproduced by PolyBushings over the summer but not sure if any of those remain. That's why the GFX and spoiler are important for these cars.

Please though, do post additional pictures. It won't do anything except help you sell the car man. good luck!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Ok, this thread is getting a little out of hand. This is a free market and the seller is allowed to set his price at whatever he chooses. If you don't want to buy the car at his price or with the information he provided, then silence is the best response.

I know most of us are used to a bunch of pictures in every internet ad, but not everybody has a nice digital camera or the means to get a bunch of pictures. Do pictures help sell a car, certainly, but it's really up to the seller to determine how much work he wants to put into advertising it.

I love to see pictures of these cars as much as the next guy, and while I would like to own an 89 CSX eventually I'm just a tire kicker like most people here.

To the seller, if you plan on bumping the thread repeatedly it's just beating a dead horse unless you're adding more pictures or information. This is a tough market to sell to, the folks here are well educated about the cars and what missing parts cost, also many have 2 or 3 cars already, and unless it's a screaming deal it's hard for people to justify bringing another one home. It sounds like you have some potential sales in the works and the opportunity to introduce a new enthusiast to the hobby and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Yeah I can understand that Dave... I just got a little irritated with certain comments cause I know as well what these cars are and the fact mine is a very nice car with a little work it would be awesome... I would rather not sell it to a person who didnt know or understand the history behind these cars.. Maybe a non numbered TD like I did with a couple of my other td's (89 Daytona Shelby and 89 Daytona ES Turbo 2.5 520 Trans and 86 Turbo Z and 90 Shadow Es Turbo 2.5 523 Trans)That way they can get started and have a cool car and learn about them before getting a rare numbered car.

Anyways here are some more pics....
    And yes its dirrrrrrrrrrrrty the windshield had been broken out and car was covered with a tarp and therefore got very dirty and the broken glass was a pita to get out.
    It should have the seats pulled out and cleaned IMO they are nice but dirty I have cleaned the car up a little but a good detail would be nice.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=733...31&photo_num=2

Ok thats the album they are on...

Any questions call me 801-508-1124 Cause I dont always check this every day.

Mitsu booster

Re: 1989 Csx Vnt Fs

I am new to this website, and noticed your ad for the Shelby Shadow, missing spoiler & ground effects. I am in Phoenix, and on Craigslist for Phoenix there is a guy with NOS skirts, spoiler, & grille for sale that is for your car. I emailed him just for grins, and he is asking 900.00 for the lot. Might be worth your while to bring the car back to complete. Hope this helps.

Yeah thanx 322maple I saw it too he said he had sold the side skirts and the front gfx but he still wants 900 for the rest and I said no thanx cause for half that I could get my originals back and cleaned up as well...

Anyways bump I need this car gone soon but will not take less than 2600 I know its worth that and I would rather not sell it to someone who had no idea the history of the car but only wants it cause its fast and has very low miles and runs good.
    Come one people dont make me sell this to a high school kid that would probably not care it was a rare numbered shelby....

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Pics (good ones) to jeremy.mitchell@bresnan.net

All the pics I have are on that link I posted Jeramy.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post
    Yeah thanx 322maple I saw it too he said he had sold the side skirts and the front gfx but he still wants 900 for the rest and I said no thanx cause for half that I could get my originals back and cleaned up as well...

Anyways bump I need this car gone soon but will not take less than 2600 I know its worth that and I would rather not sell it to someone who had no idea the history of the car but only wants it cause its fast and has very low miles and runs good.
    Come one people dont make me sell this to a high school kid that would probably not care it was a rare numbered shelby....
    Where are the orginals and why wouldn't you include them with the sale of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by rich tideswell View Post
    Where are the orginals and why wouldn't you include them with the sale of the car?
    Well like I previously said before They are in wyoming and I CANT JUST GO pick them up.. I can not get ahold of the guy that has them.
    And for an added price I would make the trip up there. I just cant afford to at this time and have way too many other things to take care of now.

For 2700 dollars for a Numbered 55k original mile car only missing the gfx is a pretty damn good deal either way you look at it.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post
    Well like I previously said before They are in wyoming and I CANT JUST GO pick them up.. I can not get ahold of the guy that has them.
    And for an added price I would make the trip up there. I just cant afford to at this time and have way too many other things to take care of now.

For 2700 dollars for a Numbered 55k original mile car only missing the gfx is a pretty damn good deal either way you look at it.
    see td.com for my reply

Bump... 1700 firm without all the shelby specific parts wheels/ VC seats/door panels...

Still has a 55k VNT motor and 555 Trans.

Or buy it as is now for 2600 firm

Bump... Pics are here.. I need this car sold soon and dont want to have to part it or sell it to a local kid....And yes the seats are dirty and need cleaned but are not stained I could detail it and have them, real clean but dont have the time right now... But no tears at all...

I may just pull the motor/trans and sell it as is for 1700 and use the motor trans for my other car...(VNT in an L body sounds fun)

Last edited by 87ShelbyZ; 01-11-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Bump I really want to get rid of this car since some lowlife broke in and stole my Shelby passenger side plate.... (See my new thread in the lounge)And I dont need some lowlife messing with my cars...
    Im willing to work something out thats equally beneficial..
    heres what I will consider

1k Plus a Good running T2 Shelby Charger dont have the be GLHS But does have to be true T2.
    True T2 GLHT's True T2 5 Speed plus 1k
    White T2 5 Speed Shelby Daytona's with dark interior(no red lol) Plus 1k if stock...
    Also consider GLHS cars

Someone make an offer I really dont want to part it out... or come give me 2500 and Save it.

boostaholic

Such a shame it got this bad. It was once a nice car, now its just a shadow......

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor ForzaV12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clocktowersniper View Post
    Such a shame it got this bad. It was once a nice car, now its just a shadow......
    Really not that bad. Just a Shadow? Hardly. If you removed the hood, konis and steering wheel from a 1965 Shelby GT350, it would not "just be a" Mustang.
    This car is worth saving.
    87 GLHS ,66 Hemi Coronet, 69 Road Runner, 70 Challenger-"Vanishing Point", 68 Road Runner "Petty",69 ZL1 Corvette,2016 Scat Pack Challenger,67 Corvette vintage racer,Cadillac ATS Turbo, 66 GTO road racer,67 911S, Ford V Ferrari Porsche 906 and Ferrari P3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast