Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1989 Csx Vnt

Re: 1989 Csx Vnt Fs

Yeah they was taken with an older camera phone lol... And Yeah its pretty dirty, But will get a good long bath in the next few days.

I have a better camera phone now 3.0 Megapixels so next pics will be better. But I just wanted to get something up here for now so people could at least have an idea...As for any local guys Probably the only one I think that would/could give an honest/non biased opinion would be Brett, But he is so busy its hard to pin down a good time.

I plan to go thru and make a thorough inspection of the car and will take as many detailed pictures of it as I can.

If all else there is a local car collector that is more than willing to give 3 grand for it. But I figured post it here for the Shelby Lovers and give them first shot at it instead of just some guy who would sell it to who knows what kind of person....

Finally got the car home lol damn it was a pita.
    It was dirty inside like you wouldnt believe. But The interior is solid and not torn up just really dirty.
    But the car is really solid and just needs to be freshened up and needs a bath and it will be great. Oh btw who can run my car history for me and find out if its a wide tire car or not, It dont have the recaros like I thought cause the round recaro thing isnt on the seat.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post
    Finally got the car home lol damn it was a pita.
    It was dirty inside like you wouldnt believe. But The interior is solid and not torn up just really dirty.
    But the car is really solid and just needs to be freshened up and needs a bath and it will be great. Oh btw who can run my car history for me and find out if its a wide tire car or not, It dont have the recaros like I thought cause the round recaro thing isnt on the seat.
    Devin, If you get me the VIN# I can tell you whether or not it was a wide tire car.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Ok Bump. I have a few more pictures but they are hard to get online from my helio phone lol I can pic message them to whoever is truly interested in the car.
    The good:
    55k original miles Runs and drives
    Newer Motor mounts all around according to previous owner.
    Solid interior once its detailed will be super nice(its really dirty right now from sitting for a few years.) not torn up all shelby items inside
    No RUST from anywhere I could see
    Fiberides are all there with 4 Brand new tires.
    Shelby VC is there along with fender tag.

The Bad
    Its missing the GFX and rear spoiler, I did however locate them in some small wyoming town...
    One wheel has a scratch in it nothing that affects wheel stability just right by the lug nuts.
    The alternator is bad but that should be fixed shortly
    And The steering column is being replaced due to a previous theft attempt breaking the ignition and all the column pieces, But it also will be fixed before sold.

I was asking 4k before and I realized maybe a bit high even with the low miles due to missing gfx. But I would take 3000 as is or if I find all the GFX and spoiler I want 4k.. Cause it is a complete solid low mile numbered Car, And I know how hard it is to find one with low miles thats rust free and has most shelby items intact.

I will not post more pics here because every time I do some people only want to critique the car as if it was a barret jackson auction and I dont want or need the negative insults/comments and dont want to waste any time with such things. Also would consider cash/trades... but only for the following
    True T2 GLHT's/GLHS's
    True T2 Shelby Charger's/GLHS's
    True T2 Shelby Daytona's(Must be 5 speed and prefer white with grey interior)
    T3 Cars
    Cars must be in good solid running driving shape.
    So if your interested or have any questions please call 801-414-8846..

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Unbelievable.........

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

whats unbelievable and what about thread crapping ? im curious as to the reason for your comment tyler

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

whats unbelievable and what about thread crapping ? im curious as to the reason for your comment tyler
    "There are plenty of other TD guys in SLC, how about having Cory or Tyler or another list member take a look at it, and give their evaltuation"

"As for any local guys Probably the only one I think that would/could give an honest/non biased opinion would be Brett"

Devin, you just called every TD owner in Utah (except Brett) untrustworthy. What do you think?

Oh... It wasn't meant that way, It seems that alot of what I say gets taken wrong or out of context. That and I guess my wording was not the best, But my point is true.... THE MAJORITY of the guys here couldnt give an honest or UNBIASED OPINION of MY CAR for one reason or another. With that said I will say the reason I feel that way is caus I feel some negativty from some of the guys here and I personally dont feel those certain people would/could be fair and give a fair evaluation due to either personal opinion or their own motivations.
    With that said I honestly didnt even consider you Dave cause your so busy with your stuff I didnt consider even asking you...SO if you took my words towards you I apologize I do consider you a stand up honest guy... And in no way was directed toward you. And I know you would be fair... But I honestly dont feel the same about all the other local guys(Sorry but thats my honest heart felt opinion based on a few things) and for good reason 2 but that dont need to be discussed here.
    Anyways.... hope that clears some things up.
    Free bump lol

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

Still no good pics?

I know there is a guy named Casey in Casper (WY) with an '89 CSX. Did he part his car out (refering to the gfx in some small wyoming town)??

no the guy was named doug and he was going to sell the shelby stuff and use it as a circle track car and the ground effects was pulled off so they wouldn't break from the low bumpy roads. the car was in rock springs when i got it. And the gfx was left at some guys house outside rock springs and i cant post pics from my phone but i sent some to clayton and alex so maybe they will throw them up here for me

Bump... Need this car gone SO I can start finishing my GLHS.

There is a wrecked one with more miles going for 2500 so My price seems very reasonable..

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

that one isnt sold yet... and its mostly intact..

have everything to put it back together but the numbered plate and the front air dam

It'll buff out =)

Bump... Need this car gone SO I can start finishing my GLHS.

There is a wrecked one with more miles going for 2500 so My price seems very reasonable..
    There is a complete running driving 89 on TD with ALL the shelby stuff minus the front air dam going for $1350. So "very reasonable" is a very subjective statement.

Hard to beat 55 k though. Free Bump.

Check out my Homepage

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Darkapollo's Avatar

Ill give ya $100 for it.
    Got any better pics yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
    Ill give ya $100 for it.
    Got any better pics yet?

Are you FREAKIN KIDDING me? either your trying to be funny or you think Im stupid the door panels alone are worth more than that Hell I could sell the fiberides for 500 cash let alone the rest of the car. Seriously if your going to be an --- and make ignorant comments about the car or me and your not interested dont post here and waste my time with your ignorant comments. Take your insults elsewhere... Now if your trying to be funny ..... well you aint.

I would take no less than 2800 cash cause those other 2 have 140k miles and the motor is tired and the gfx are kind of damaged and the other one that has the side and rear gfx is missing the dash plaque and its WRECKED VERY HARD UP FRONT AND HAS A SALVAGE TITLE Mine does NOT.
    And mine runs and drives and sounded nice... well until the alternator died

But seriously I really like the car but My heart is more set on my S and I need to sell this to pay off the loan on it and get started on it so its not just sitting.

Make real offers or the car goes to a dealer who is willing to give me 3 grand cash for it. I would prefer it to go to a Shelby guy, But I got to do what I got to do...

boostaholic

Re: 1989 Csx Vnt

I think he was just kidding about the $100, no reason to get mad.

BTW any other pics yet?

No only to those truly interested in the car can have pictures, I honestly didnt appreciate the negative comments directed my way so I would rather not post the pictures because people only want to critique or insult the car.
    Plus there are quite a few Hypocrits in the TD community that have a better than anyone else attitude that I want no part of.

I will gladly send pics to anyone who truly is interested in buying the car tho.
    Also consider the other CSX VNT's available recently against mine and mine is More than reasonable especially considering evverything.

A wrecked one missing the Dash Plaque and front airdam and a SALVAGE TITLE 2500
    Complete but needing cosmetic work and Motor Rebuild 1300(still a hell of a deal)
    Complete beautiful 21k mile car.....8500 dollars
    Complete 13K mile care also beautiful 10 Grand
    Mine 55k Mile great shape needing only the GFX and rear Spoiler 3000 No salvage title or mechanical work needed...
    I will not give the car away like the other guy did, As I know what the car is and what its worth, And what it will be worth later on as they get even harder to find. and I have yet to see another CSX VNT in similar shape go for less. if I get no offers soon it goes to either a 17 year old kid with the money in hand(I would rather not believe me, But I have to do whats best for me not anyone else) Or a dealer where who knows what will happen to it(also would rather not do)But they have cash in hand and are willing to pay what its worth.
    I would really rather let a TD/SD guy have it first.

Bump.

Devin, you are out of your mind if you think you are going to sell this car with that attitude. How can you honesty believe that you are generating interest with a couple terrible pictures from an old camera phone. If the car is indeed what you say it is, then your price is probably fair. POST SOME PICTURES!

Check out my Homepage

I tried calling you a few times.
    But I see your point I just wish others wouldnt act so negative about it especially when they dont even act interested in buying it but seem like they just want to critique every single thing wrong with it as if it was a Junk or parts car. Thats all... And I have pictures on another site Just not here cause of some of the comments people made.
    Bump. lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast