Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1989 Csx Vnt

Re: 1989 Csx Vnt

Bumpage... any offers?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87ShelbyZ View Post

The car is being stored, and I have no way to get pictures of the trunk/funder the car, But I did check last week and there is no rust not even bubbles
    Sorry if I don't take your word on this but I once drove four hours each way to buy a car that only had some surface rust and when I got there I found the roof was rusted though. Making my trip pointless.

If the car doesn't sell and you part it out let me know I am interested in some of the parts. Good luck with the sale.

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

I understand but thats how it goes right?
    Some people would rather see a rare car crushed and gone then spend a few extra dollars.
    They would pay for the parts but not the car..
    Ironic aint it?
    The rust thing I understand, and I guess I can try and find some jacks and get a few pictures, But it goes back to the more time/money I put into it the more it is going to be worth right?? Im not investing a grand only to sell it for the price im asking now. My taxes are coming so I can easily throw 1500 at it and have the gfx/rear spoiler/ badge and such but If I do that that car wont go anywhere for less than 3500 dollars.

If I get proof of no rust do you have an offer for the car as is?

Parts price list if parted goes as follows
    prices are without shipping
    Steering wheel 150 firm(have 2)
    Seats/door panels 900 firm
    Fiberrides all 4 with new tires 600
    CSX Number Plaque 150 firm
    VNT Harness/Computer 200 Firm
    (or 2k for the parts same as current asking price for whole car)
    I will keep the motor/trans for my other car.
    Then the world will say farewell to another numbered car.(dont be mad at me im the one who tried to save it)

any questions or offers call me 801-654-9429

boostaholic

Is it drivable?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Some people would rather see a rare car crushed and gone then spend a few extra dollars.
    Ironic aint it?
    The rust thing I understand, and I guess I can try and find some jacks and get a few pictures, But it goes back to the more time/money I put into it the more it is going to be worth right?? Im not investing a grand only to sell it for the price im asking now. My taxes are coming so I can easily throw 1500 at it and have the gfx/rear spoiler/ badge and such but If I do that that car wont go anywhere for less than 3500 dollars.

Then the world will say farewell to another numbered car.(dont be mad at me im the one who tried to save it)

I think asking you to check for rust is a pretty reasonable request Devin. I dont think that crawling under the car for a few seconds justifies raising the price. If you really want to save the car, just put it on ebay and take what you can get for it. Is making a couple extra hundred from parting it out really worth it? Considering what you paid for it and the lack of time you have spent on it, you could lower your price considerabley and still make some money off it. Save this thing and sell it for what ever you can get out of it. If you think about it logically, after you spend time taking it apart, boxing things up, and shipping them out to people, you will make far less profit when you consider the time thats going to take you. I have sold a lot of parts on ebay and on the boards, and typically you dont make much of a profit if you count the time to do all of that. Just trying to give you something to think about. If you consider this dissrespectful or ignorant, then I wont be bothered if you ask the mods to delete this post. Good luck with the sale.

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Well first off Im not giving the car away to benefit anyone else for any reason, I have had to give up my SL, My 90 Shadow Es, And my 78 Magnum Xe that was cherry with 78k on it. So taking whatever I could get for this just for the sake of saving it is not going to work.
    I will take some pictures of the undercarriage and wont raise the price for that, I was referring to other things like the gfx/rear spoiler etc...
    If someone wants the car its 2000 cash as is. and thats more than fair for a rust free low mile numbered car thats my final price. I know what its worth and a few people agree my price at 2500 was more than fair they just either had no money for it, or had no way to transport it, or had a trade that I didnt care for(dsm)

If no reasonable offer comes thur I will ebay it since I saw that smashed up high mile go for 1600, I figure mine not wrecked should be worth more.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff dodgeshadowchik's Avatar

Ironic aint it?

I would put it on e-bay before parting it out. I see that you have two steering wheels do you want to sell me one of them?

"I'll give you anything you'll ever need and I'll find a way to turn you into a monster."

I wouldnt say 84k is really that high mile...

Well first off Im not giving the car away to benefit anyone else for any reason, I have had to give up my SL, My 90 Shadow Es, And my 78 Magnum Xe that was cherry with 78k on it. So taking whatever I could get for this just for the sake of saving it is not going to work.
    I will take some pictures of the undercarriage and wont raise the price for that, I was referring to other things like the gfx/rear spoiler etc...
    If someone wants the car its 2000 cash as is. and thats more than fair for a rust free low mile numbered car thats my final price. I know what its worth and a few people agree my price at 2500 was more than fair they just either had no money for it, or had no way to transport it, or had a trade that I didnt care for(dsm)

If no reasonable offer comes thur I will ebay it since I saw that smashed up high mile go for 1600, I figure mine not wrecked should be worth more.
    i thought the trunk emblem was stolen off your SL? you should have PMed over the 90 Shadow we would have meet already...

I found another emblem clayton.
    And what are you talking about 90 shadow? my old one?

And the kid I sold it to blew the HG 3 days later :smash:
    So he said he is selling it now since he dont know how to handle a turbo car yet But I also know of another super nice white 89 es shadow 5 speed 2.5 by my house, just needs headliner redone and a trans which I can do for like 800 bucks... Im thinking about it for a DD... But not sure.

He wants like 1500 I think.. so again that makes my car seem more than worth my asking price when compared to what is out there for a the same price range...

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Why not just use the CSX for a daily driver?

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

Cuz I dont want anything to happen to it, especially now that a certain lowlife has already stole something from it. I cant really trust it now. I mean I still cant figure out how he find where my car was at. Nobody knew where it was except maybe 3 people and I know 2 wouldnt say a word, But the other person I think might but I didnt imagine anyone would stoop so low.
    I may go talk to this guy with a GLHT identical to yours tyler but he lives way the hell up east lol and Red really aint my thing, Now Santa Fe Blue is another story lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345