Page 50 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3392

Thread: BadAss SRT-Z - 2.4L / A568 - Update!!!

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Re: BadAss SRT-Z Update!!!

more like the turbo altoids tin... the van is the turbo toaster lol.

Brian

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post

Brian
    Funny stuff! Okay, okay you got me...

I'll correct the thread

hehe

turbo addict

turbo addict

Rotflmo

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor Rampage16V's Avatar

Hey JT there is a Mopar Day coming up June 12 at St Thomas Dragway about 2 hrs east of Detroit. We are going to try and get the ontario chapter out there!

http://www.stthomasracewaypark.com/

Dean Stillie
    87 Shelby Z 2.4 Turbo 9.06@146.05
    82 Rampage 2.4 Turbo 10.14@138.02

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo3Iroc View Post
    LOL, hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage16V View Post
    Hey JT there is a Mopar Day coming up June 12 at St Thomas Dragway about 2 hrs east of Detroit. We are going to try and get the ontario chapter out there!

http://www.stthomasracewaypark.com/
    Damn, sounds like a godo time, wont make it tho... good luck, have fun Dean!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Update... after a couple more long nights, as of this morning... It runs!

Only one issue.. NO OIL PRESSURE! at least at the tap at the back of the block... WTF!? Maybe the timing belt carnage F'ed the oil pump somehow? Any ideas? Please post!

I'm not gonna be able to look at it till tomorrow night, maybe.. *sigh* this BLOWS!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

When I first started my 2.2, it had no oil pressure. I had to burp the air out of the pump.

turbo addict

Geez. Sorry to hear that, JT. Whats making you think there is no oil pressure? Is that port where your pressure gauge plugs in? Or are you feeding the turbo from that port and dont see oil? Valve train noisy?

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor Austrian Dodge's Avatar

did you check your oil pump?
    if you don't have pressure at the back of the block, you don't have it in the main oil galley - not so good

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Update... after a couple more long nights, as of this morning... It runs!

Only one issue.. NO OIL PRESSURE! at least at the tap at the back of the block... WTF!? Maybe the timing belt carnage F'ed the oil pump somehow? Any ideas? Please post!

I'm not gonna be able to look at it till tomorrow night, maybe.. *sigh* this BLOWS!
    my engine sat most of the winter with out the oil pan and pistons. after i got it all together I turned the engine over " with out starting it " and it would not build oil pressure. the oil pump lost its prime. pulled the oil pan , removed the pickup tube and filled the oil pump with vaseline. I had to use a little air pressure to make the vaseline go farther into the pump. I thought my pump was bad too but thank God it wasn't. hope this helps. good luck I think you need it

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorob View Post
    my engine sat most of the winter with out the oil pan and pistons. after i got it all together I turned the engine over " with out starting it " and it would not build oil pressure. the oil pump lost its prime. pulled the oil pan , removed the pickup tube and filled the oil pump with vaseline. I had to use a little air pressure to make the vaseline go farther into the pump. I thought my pump was bad too but thank God it wasn't. hope this helps. good luck I think you need it
    I was thinking that could be a possibility, but figured it was too far out there. Wow, would that stink if it were the case.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Did you prefill the oil filter?

Brian
    Hey,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

you know you love the toaster simon.

take some fittings and a hose and a trans funnel and connect it to the gallery port. take an oil filter and some bits of plastic and force open the anti drainback valve and screw the filter on. fill the trans funnel and backfill the oil passages back to the pump and pickup tube. let it sit for a few hours (or overnight) and try cranking the engine without the plugs. that should work.

my k cars 8v motor wouldnt build pressure last time i cranked it with the plugs out. on an 8v you can just cut open and gut an oil filter to make a "trough" to pour oil in to backfill the pump. the 2.4L filter isnt convenient to do this.

you could also take a remote mount oil filter block and hook a long hose to the side that comes from the pump and do the same thing with the trans funnel and a qt or so of oil.

Brian

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

take some fittings and a hose and a trans funnel and connect it to the gallery port. take an oil filter and some bits of plastic and force open the anti drainback valve and screw the filter on. fill the trans funnel and backfill the oil passages back to the pump and pickup tube. let it sit for a few hours (or overnight) and try cranking the engine without the plugs. that should work.

my k cars 8v motor wouldnt build pressure last time i cranked it with the plugs out. on an 8v you can just cut open and gut an oil filter to make a "trough" to pour oil in to backfill the pump. the 2.4L filter isnt convenient to do this.

you could also take a remote mount oil filter block and hook a long hose to the side that comes from the pump and do the same thing with the trans funnel and a qt or so of oil.

Brian
    That is some great thinking there. Nice.

turbo addict

Or you could tow your car down to the gulf coast and nose it right into the "water" and let it sit. You'll be all primed in no time.

...sorry.....

I like Bucar's idea though it might be a pain to get the fittings and the hose all done up.....its better than yanking the pan or the oil pump.

Brian
    this may not work as the anti drainback is in the pump housing.

hmmmm. that i did not know. is it an anti drainback or an oil relief bypass? i only ask cause the filter still has an anti drainback valve in it.

the older stuff you should still be able to do this to im pretty sure.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by ohiorob View Post
    Thanks Rob, that sounded like it may have been the case.... So I tried this tonight, but with assembly lube and I thought it was taking the stuff pretty well but after 1/2 a tube I realized that it was coming out the back of the oil pump onto the crank snout, WTF!? Did yours do that too? Or is it oil pump disassembly time?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President