Page 157 of 170 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3392

Thread: BadAss SRT-Z - 2.4L / A568 - Update!!!

turbo addict

Re: BadAss SRT-Z - 2.4L / A568 - Update!!!

I don't know if it is just my phone, but I can't see or pull up any of the pictures.

turbo addict

The last 2 posts I get this message when trying to view the attachments:
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Yeah, not sure whats up with the attachments.. if I click on them on my PC they work OK

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kirk-yelling-Frank.gif 
Views:	79 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	51490
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

turbo addict

You can see the white lines on that plug where the spark "crawled" down the insulator.
    Ian Adams Function>Form 1990 shadow scrapped, too rusty:( 1991 Spirit R/T Scrapped, parts sold:( 1989 Turbo Caravan Daily beater with built-[I]ish [/I]​engine slowly evolving into weekend turbo beater.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

I have been noticing attachment problems the last few weeks. Basically since back when the server moved....

I have had plugs with isolators broken off and hanging down over the gap that still ran decently with small misfire while cruising and pretty bad WOT, especially as rpms climbed. Idled Okay. I don't understand how you are so unsparky. Notice any AFR changes when it was idling weird? Hard to diagnose idle problems when you cleaned the plugs off with that run.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Every 8v I've ever seen running Autolites has had issues. Idle issues, spark break up issues ect. When you pull them, they always look like they are burning at different temps. (like you have miss matched heat ranges in there)

Now, I say always, but I've only seen three up here that were running them, but all three had issues that went away as soon as I changed the plugs.

BTW, your pics show up fine in my reply window! Just dissapear when I post it. lol

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

turbo addict

OK, so now the plug attachments work, but the other ones don't. I've tried on 2 phones and 2 computers.

That #3 plug doesn't look right. The spark is traveling, so maybe the gaps are still too wide.

Have you done a compression and/or leak-down test? Numbers? This would be a good time to have individual EGT probes for each cylinder so you can see what each one is doing.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

wait.... you have a standalone.... what coil? you should be able to run a coil that will arc from your house to my house and then robs house with no issue. do you have access to a oscilloscope? just to check all the angle sensors at high rpm to fully rule that out? a DSO201 is around 65$ and can make sure of this. i only say this due to past issues.

rob (shadow) when you change plugs and issues disappear, what plugs are you putting in (for future reference). thanks

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post

rob (shadow) when you change plugs and issues disappear, what plugs are you putting in (for future reference). thanks

Brian
    I continue to have great success with the Champion 9yc's that Gus and/ or Gary originally recommended. The only other plug I've seen zero issues with is the same heat range (or maybe they were 1 range colder?) NGK's. I've used both and can't tell the difference, and they are the Only two plugs I have ever run in the Charger.

I've seen so many issues with the 2.2's running other plugs (Bosch, Autolite, A/C delco, Splitfire) that I never strayed from what I found to work best.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I continue to have great success with the Champion 9yc's that Gus and/ or Gary originally recommended. The only other plug I've seen zero issues with is the same heat range (or maybe they were 1 range colder?) NGK's. I've used both and can't tell the difference, and they are the Only two plugs I have ever run in the Charger.

I've seen so many issues with the 2.2's running other plugs (Bosch, Autolite, A/C delco, Splitfire) that I never strayed from what I found to work best.
    Same here...I've had zero issues with Champions over the years.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    OK, so now the plug attachments work, but the other ones don't. I've tried on 2 phones and 2 computers.

That #3 plug doesn't look right. The spark is traveling, so maybe the gaps are still too wide.

Have you done a compression and/or leak-down test? Numbers? This would be a good time to have individual EGT probes for each cylinder so you can see what each one is doing.
    I hope the gaps are still not too wide, went all the way down to 0.023"...

Individual EGT would help, but funny thing is that under power now it runs fine, just idle like crap LOL

Have not run it since it broke the trans so might run some diag once the trans is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    wait.... you have a standalone.... what coil? you should be able to run a coil that will arc from your house to my house and then robs house with no issue. do you have access to a oscilloscope? just to check all the angle sensors at high rpm to fully rule that out? a DSO201 is around 65$ and can make sure of this. i only say this due to past issues.

Brian
    Yes, I'm pretty sure I could weld with this thing if needed. Guessing something happened to the #3 and that's the idle issue?

Years ago I ran Autolites in the car when it was an 8V and switched to RN9YC and never looked back and ran them the whole time it was a 2.2L 8v with no real issues. When I went 2.4L I asked around and it seemed that all the 2.4L turbo guys switched from Champion to NGK and I heard about a TSB from issues with the factory Champions. I've never seen the TSB and not familiar with what those plugs look like or what part number, but guessing they were platinum or something. So that's how I got to the NGK's which honestly ran fine until this last batch. So yeah, maybe a Champion could work, but I have yet to hear from any 2.4L turbo guys which one works best.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    Years ago I ran Autolites in the car when it was an 8V and switched to RN9YC and never looked back and ran them the whole time it was a 2.2L 8v with no real issues. When I went 2.4L I asked around and it seemed that all the 2.4L turbo guys switched from Champion to NGK and I heard about a TSB from issues with the factory Champions. I've never seen the TSB and not familiar with what those plugs look like or what part number, but guessing they were platinum or something. So that's how I got to the NGK's which honestly ran fine until this last batch. So yeah, maybe a Champion could work, but I have yet to hear from any 2.4L turbo guys which one works best.
    I was going to put "8v test results Only", but I figured you'd get it

+ it's no mystery that different plugs work best in different applications. (case in point, A/C Delco's in GM products lol)

Having said that, I want to say that we stuck to the Factory Champions in the 2.4 SRT-4 motors as well, but I would need to look back to be certain.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

turbo addict

I was going to put "8v test results Only", but I figured you'd get it

+ it's no mystery that different plugs work best in different applications. (case in point, A/C Delco's in GM products lol)

Having said that, I want to say that we stuck to the Factory Champions in the 2.4 SRT-4 motors as well, but I would need to look back to be certain.
    AC delco for the ls engines are actually NGK plugs. Personally I run NGK in all of my cars with zero failure. Weird that you're having issues JT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 85boostbox View Post
    AC delco for the ls engines are actually NGK plugs. Personally I run NGK in all of my cars with zero failure. Weird that you're having issues JT.
    Agreed, never had issues with NGK, I responded originally because I Thought JT was running, and having issues with Autolites! lol

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

As long as you get the right heat range I would try some champions. Try to make sure its really a plug quality issue before endlessly diagnosing your other systems. Part quality falling off is a bad thing for all of us. Makes you wonder if you should distrust the entire line of products, etc.
    Brent GREAT DEPRESSION RACING 1992 Duster 3.0T The Junkyard - MS II, OEM 10:1 -[I] Old - 11.5@125 22psi $90 [U]Stock[/U] 3.0 Junk Motor - 1 bar MAP [/I] 1994 Spirit 3.0T - 11.5@120 20 psi - Daily :eyebrows: Holset He351 -FT600 - 393whp 457ft/lb @18psi 1994 Spirit 3.0T a670 - He341, stock fuel, BEGI. Wife's into kid's project. 1990 Lebaron Coupe 2.2 TI/II non IC, a413 1990 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1993 Spirit 3.0 E.S. 41TE -- 1994 Duster 3.0 A543 1981 Starlet KP61 Potential driver -- 1981 Starlet KP61 Parts -- 1983 Starlet KP61 Drag 2005 Durango Hemi Limited -- 1998 Dodge 12v 47re. AFC mods, No plate, Mack plug, Boost elbow -- 2011 Dodge 6.7 G56

Well just checked and it IS the NGK's we were running in the high HP 2.4 SRT-4's. For 500-600WHP NGK 4306 gapped from .024 - .028

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

turbo addict

Jt not to stir the pot, but are you sure it is spark plug problems and not standalone/ mechanical problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

FYI, and you probably know this, but 4306's will not work in early 2.4l's. Early 2.4's take gasket-seat plugs. Later ones (01-up) take tapered seat plugs.
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by contraption22 View Post
    FYI, and you probably know this, but 4306's will not work in early 2.4l's. Early 2.4's take gasket-seat plugs. Later ones (01-up) take tapered seat plugs.
    Ha, I did Not know that! (but I do now )

thanks!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!