Page 75 of 170 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3392

Thread: BadAss SRT-Z - 2.4L / A568 - Update!!!

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor Shadow's Avatar

Re: BadAss SRT-Z Update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    good thing i kept with a 87 t1 harness in my daytona and converted it to T2. I have an 89 cruise actuator in there hanging out near the strut tower.

Rob (shadow) we have launch limiter stuff in the cals now and timing retard at WOT when the boost is lower than the setpoint to help with spool on the line. i leave the line with 10psi with a manual trans car. its not quite as slick as the MS setup but it works well.

Brian
    I was actually hoping to take advantage of that this year, but I can't seem to get one of those cals to idle properly for a 2.2. They seem to run good, but idle pig rich. I'm going to see what I can do over winter....

Robert Mclellan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wambNdfnu5M
    10.04 @ 143.28mph (144.82 highest mph)
    Worlds fastest 8v MTX Shelby Charger
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!
    New clutch combo is the SH!T!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by SebringLX View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. Why retard the timing though? Wouldn't that lower the amount of boost you get on the line? Or is that what you're after to try and reduce wheel spin?
    Retarding the timing will raise your exhaust temps so there is more thermal energy to spool the turbo.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I just read the DIS-2 Plus manual and the pink wire is on or off on the switch... so if I push the clutch in at idle then rev it, the timing will be retarded the whole way... Hmm.. maybe I'd just do it in the timing table

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    I just read the DIS-2 Plus manual and the pink wire is on or off on the switch... so if I push the clutch in at idle then rev it, the timing will be retarded the whole way... Hmm.. maybe I'd just do it in the timing table
    As soon as you release the clutch switch, the timing would go back to normal.

Right, but revving it up (from idle to the 2-step RPM) with less timing might not be the hot ticket either

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

boostaholic

Right, but revving it up (from idle to the 2-step RPM) with less timing might not be the hot ticket either
    From what turboshad just said, it would be the hot ticket? Too hot?

If the spark map for the tune in your ECU works similar to the newer cars... If you try to adjust timing near the 2-step rev limit in your tune, and your RPMs drop below that limit when you shift, you'll be losing power on every shift.

How low do your RPMs drop after a shift? I guess if you keep your 2-step rev limit lower than that, you'd be fine doing it that way.

DJ wa stalking about while on the 2-step... I'm talking about before teh 2-step engages... When I swapped turbos I had to raise the timing to get it to spool quickly when free revving it, so my fear would be it would not.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

keep playing with different timing/rev limiter combos. you may have had to add timing before, and had it sluggish when you took some out, but if you take a ton out and start cutting out some spark, youll have alot of banging in the header/turbine.

i wouldnt take timing out of the regular map.

dont you have a pushbutton switch inline with the clutch switch? hammer the gas and when you get near the two step rpm, then hit the pushbutton switch.

Brian

Yeah I do and thought about that... all while starting the data log, maybe I can put the camera in the car too to give me a dozen things to do while staging LOL! I think I'll try it w/o retard at first and see how it works, can easily add that wire at the track if needed.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

DJ wa stalking about while on the 2-step....
    2-step stalkers can be very dangerous, be carefull! BTW who's DJ wa?

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

I think I'll try it w/o retard at first and see how it works, can easily add that wire at the track if needed.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. Try it first, who knows, you may hold 3, 5, 8lbs? Find that out first and then play with it from there. At least that's what I was planning on doing.

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    2-step stalkers can be very dangerous, be carefull! BTW who's DJ wa?
    OMG that's funny

BTW here's DJ Wa http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1...55179623ZikeVA
    Last edited by blk86trbo; 10-06-2010 at 09:35 PM.
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

boostaholic

ok just read thru this, just to be clear the blue and pink need 12V to be active not ground, im not sure how thw clutch switch is but if its a grounded switch nothing is going to happen, now if it happens to connect 12V then tap off of that w/ a push button.....

Hybrid booster

When the two step was installed on Andy's car we just used the RPM function and this gave incredibly predicatable boost on the launch. Full launch boost was achieved on the order of two seconds.

We used a hand held button wired in series with the clutch switch to keep the two step from activacting while shifting much like you are doing JT.

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    LOL.. ya i kant tyep or speel!

Quote Originally Posted by 22shelby View Post
    ok just read thru this, just to be clear the blue and pink need 12V to be active not ground, im not sure how thw clutch switch is but if its a grounded switch nothing is going to happen, now if it happens to connect 12V then tap off of that w/ a push button.....
    Yeah, I had the button wired up to 12V+ last year, just added the clutch switch in line

Quote Originally Posted by glhs0426 View Post
    When the two step was installed on Andy's car we just used the RPM function and this gave incredibly predicatable boost on the launch. Full launch boost was achieved on the order of two seconds.

We used a hand held button wired in series with the clutch switch to keep the two step from activacting while shifting much like you are doing JT.
    Sweet, sounds very similar, cant wait to try it!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    Dang John you read my mind, thanks for posting the info on the LM...although I don't believe the wiring for it is in the harness?

Also JT, thanks to you and all the other "pioneers" that are out there doing the modding/repairing/sacrificing! Your trial and error sessions will ultimately save additional parts and cars from the scrapyard
    Some of the wiring will be there. My black 86' GLHT has the ==> shaped connector under the dash for dealer installed cruise. It didn't' have the proper brake switch though. My 89' Daytona has the plug for cruise under there too, but it is a different shaped connector than the earlier ones. It does have the proper brake switch. I have not checked the SMEC to see if it is pinned for cruise or not. I know the omni LM wasn't pinned for 87' cruise obviously.

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by 22shelby View Post
    Yeah you're right, I went back and looked at my manual. I haven't touched it since before I finished the car. Originally I had a Greddy E-Manage (that I still haven't gotten around to removing), which is a glorified MAP clamp. I didn't want to have too much timing because of the difference in injector size and attempting to tune with this poor method, so I had hooked the pink wire up to the positive battery terminal, and retarded the timing a few degrees with the DIS2+.

I'm also forgetting that you manual guys are trying to get boost with what would be closer to me having my car in neutral. I don't think I'll need to retard timing when I get mine back and hooked up.

LOL.. ya i kant tyep or speel!
    Wasn't making fun of your spelling, for a matter of fact, I think the spelling was perfect.

I just couldn't believe how 1 letter moved forward with the space bar could change the Entire sentance like that!

It was just Way too hilarious to let go! Sorry bro!

Robert Mclellan
    Manitoba's Fastest 4cyl!
    8 valve, No Nitrous!

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

i swear my old 87 shelby Z had cruise control....maybe its a canadian thing

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    Some of the wiring will be there. My black 86' GLHT has the ==> shaped connector under the dash for dealer installed cruise. It didn't' have the proper brake switch though. My 89' Daytona has the plug for cruise under there too, but it is a different shaped connector than the earlier ones. It does have the proper brake switch. I have not checked the SMEC to see if it is pinned for cruise or not. I know the omni LM wasn't pinned for 87' cruise obviously.
    Yeah, SMEC's are pinned, you either need to add the wire, or turn it on, or both.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info