Page 80 of 170 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 3392

Thread: BadAss SRT-Z - 2.4L / A568 - Update!!!

turbo addict

Re: BadAss SRT-Z Update!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeves View Post
    Yes. Or about -3 camber and 1/4" toe out at rest.

I went from 450 to 650 rear springs this year. Didn't notice much of a difference. Want to make a bigger jump next time (1000).
    Did you REALLY mean *-3* camber? I think that's a bit much. Even -1.5 was on the edge of being too much in my car on a hard launch ("verified" on smooth, clean concrete). I wouldn't got past -2 (of course that street tires, but I'm also thinking auto-x and road course).

I think we are concentrating too much on changing the wrong parts to get a good launch. Yes, stiffer springs will help squat, but can hurt if the don't have the right amount of dampening control.

I personally think that either changing the moment arm that the weight shift has to work against durning launch (read: make the wheelbase longer), or adding more anti-lift to the front suspension, or possibly both, is the way to go.

To change the wheelbase you don't have to go as far as Brian Slowe did...just put on wheelie bars! Honda's and such have been doing it for years and it works! Now, JT might argue that you can't drive around very well with long friggin wheelie bars hanging out the back of the car (which you can make them removable, but anyway).

OK, then time to modify the front suspesion and add more anti-lift to it. This will require either modifying the stock K-frame, or making a custom one. The second choice will allow you to even loose some weight if you choose to do so!

Yes, both of these are not as easy or cheap as springs, but I think they are better options for a good solution. Yes, there are people that have been sucessful without either of these modifications, but I'm willing to bet their set-up isn't exactly the same as this one.

The moderately moderate moderator Turbo Mopar Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Did you REALLY mean *-3* camber? I think that's a bit much. Even -1.5 was on the edge of being too much in my car on a hard launch ("verified" on smooth, clean concrete). I wouldn't got past -2 (of course that street tires, but I'm also thinking auto-x and road course).

I think we are concentrating too much on changing the wrong parts to get a good launch. Yes, stiffer springs will help squat, but can hurt if the don't have the right amount of dampening control.

I personally think that either changing the moment arm that the weight shift has to work against durning launch (read: make the wheelbase longer), or adding more anti-lift to the front suspension, or possibly both, is the way to go.

To change the wheelbase you don't have to go as far as Brian Slowe did...just put on wheelie bars! Honda's and such have been doing it for years and it works! Now, JT might argue that you can't drive around very well with long friggin wheelie bars hanging out the back of the car (which you can make them removable, but anyway).

OK, then time to modify the front suspesion and add more anti-lift to it. This will require either modifying the stock K-frame, or making a custom one. The second choice will allow you to even loose some weight if you choose to do so!

Yes, both of these are not as easy or cheap as springs, but I think they are better options for a good solution. Yes, there are people that have been sucessful without either of these modifications, but I'm willing to bet their set-up isn't exactly the same as this one.
    I was thinking about removable wheelie bars too. Stop whining about them JT and just get on board.....LOL. <-----J/K
    Bryan
    86 GLHS #161, 2016 Impala
    SDAC National Member, SDAC Buckeye Chapter Member

A man has got to know his limitations.....

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

To run wheelie bars on a FWD like they were used 10 years ago (pre-loaded) is illegal by NHRA rules and bad for the track. They can be used effectively but the car has to squat to let them contact the ground...

I have stock suspension geometry on this car with only rear KONIs and MP AutoX springs... there are a lot of things I can play with before adding wheelie bars. A few on the list:

1 - Front coil overs
    2 - CSRacer style adjustable rear spring perches
    3 - Stiffer springs all around
    4 - Upgrade to dual pivot K-member/LCA's

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by BadAssPerformance View Post
    To run wheelie bars on a FWD like they were used 10 years ago (pre-loaded) is illegal by NHRA rules and bad for the track. They can be used effectively but the car has to squat to let them contact the ground...

I have stock suspension geometry on this car with only rear KONIs and MP AutoX springs... there are a lot of things I can play with before adding wheelie bars. A few on the list:

1 - Front coil overs

5- lighten the back of the car, particuarly behind the rear axle/move weight forward. That will help weight transfer and effectively increase your spring rate.

Isn't your fuel cell in the back? Stock hatch? Rear bumper?

Yeah, the car is heavy... probably 5 gallons in the 8 gallon cell in the spare tire well.

Its still a street car so it wont get gutted/lightemed too much.

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!

Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

how often do you drive it on the street? just curious.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Yeah, the car is heavy... probably 5 gallons in the 8 gallon cell in the spare tire well.

Its still a street car so it wont get gutted/lightemed too much.

Even if you don't want to lighten, where the weight is located is just as important. Any weight behind the rear axle uses the distance from the axle as a lever against the rear suspension. Figure out a way to get a cell in front of the axle and you'll make a difference with that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    how often do you drive it on the street? just curious.

Brian
    I drove it to several cruise nights last year, this year not as much cuz the begining of the year I wasnt sure the engine was gonna make it after the first oil pump and also was lazy and left the slicks on it, LOL... So it didnt get driven too far. But it is all plated an stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Even if you don't want to lighten, where the weight is located is just as important. Any weight behind the rear axle uses the distance from the axle as a lever against the rear suspension. Figure out a way to get a cell in front of the axle and you'll make a difference with that alone.
    Yeah, I thought about that, but havn't wanted to go to a smaller cell or cut the floor...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Yeah, I thought about that, but havn't wanted to go to a smaller cell or cut the floor...
    It's just metal...cutting wheel and a welder and you can do whatever you want. And put it back if you change your mind.

LOL, true... I like the stock-ish look tho

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

turbo addict

1 - Front coil overs
    You don't have to preload them. Using squat just like the RWD guys do will work fine. But afte reading your list of other things to work with...yeah, wheelie bars aren't exactly your only option here! LOL

I'd say the K-member should be the FIRST thing on your list! I didn't realize you were still using the old style!

I'd do 1-3 as a complete set. It removes weight from the car, adds adjustibility, and you can ONLY bennefit from it (well, your wallet won't, but anyways).

boostaholic

didnt you know Brian everything here in chitown is a street car..... you'll see come next June ...mmmmm Bacon street car.......ughhhhhhhhh!

Exactly... Here's a couple pics from various times I've been out with it... yes, that one is driving right by the Police Department, no worries, full exhaust is quiet

That reminds me, need to get Tom to post the video of our cruise in Belvidere too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7854.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	338.9 KB 
ID:	26303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7852x.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	438.2 KB 
ID:	26304   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_7858.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	306.7 KB 
ID:	26305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6328.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	26306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2287.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	26307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6192.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	321.3 KB 
ID:	26308  

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 22shelby View Post
    didnt you know Brian everything here in chitown is a street car..... you'll see come next June ...mmmmm Bacon street car.......ughhhhhhhhh!
    mmmmm bacon. i just ate some lol.

yeah i know the "street" car deal. wait to you see my "street" k car in a few years lol.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    The FSM shows the proper part being C-6371. However that does not turn up any good results on google.

C-4660 is the one for the 525 which shows what the 523/568 one should look like. I wonder if it would even work with the larger bearing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4#ht_832wt_939
    Old posting but since I just went through this issue I thought I'd share. The 4660 is the proper tool for grabbing the inside of the bearing and the outer cup tool 6371 is used in conjunction with it. The service manual doesnt make that part very clear.

Good info, thanks!

I ended up making some fixtures to use on a hydraulic press but forgot to get pictures I will next time tho!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 30 PSI SHADOW's Avatar

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9a.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	494.2 KB 
ID:	27671 You mean like jonny Bs old csx-t?
    Bill Baker
    NESDAC Pres.
    Rutland,Vermont
    90 Shadow VNT comp 332WHP/390WTQ
    12.26@116MPH-27psi (SOLD)
    89 CSX #269 59k
    83 Rampage T3 11.78@118MPH- 22psi

^^^ wow!

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 30 PSI SHADOW View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9a.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	494.2 KB 
ID:	27671 You mean like jonny Bs old csx-t?
    Is that RWD?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Although it squats like LarryB's RWD Sundance I'm pretty sure that one is FWD...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President