Thread: Think these would work on an 8 valve

Hybrid booster

Think these would work on an 8 valve

I know... Expensive... But they look like a good alternative to PT lifters and you can adjust em.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLE-S...QQcmdZViewItem

I may pop for em just to hang on to, I have no plans for Omni right now as other larger displacement projects are on priority..

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Re: Think these would work on an 8 valve

Considering that you get 16 of them that is really not too bad of a price if they are everything that they claim.

Hoosier Daddy?? Turbo Mopar Staff Clay's Avatar

wow.... solid lifters........

to quote dave chappelle.... "clickty clack, clickty clack!"
    Clay
    1986 GLH-T - Flat black......... learn it, love it, LIVE IT!
    1988 LeBaron GTC Turbo

SDML Readers Rides
    C/S Registry
    Stuff For Sale

Hybrid booster

I have no issue with valvetrain noise. The 427 (440@.060) in My old Chevelle had solid rollers and the last treefiddy had solid flats.
    I like RPM on "large displacement" 4 bangers and/or any other mill I get ambitious enough to toss together.

I'm hoping to get a set of "Danno" lifters for Dakota (cryo treated solid rollers) once the SB gets here...

boostaholic

Im sure those would work out well.

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Great for a spinner - tall block short rod . . whatever.

And, you could sell off the other eight as a package or, one by one, as a tool - "cam degreeing checker."
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I have no issue with valvetrain noise. The 427 (440@.060) in My old Chevelle had solid rollers and the last treefiddy had solid flats.
    I like RPM on "large displacement" 4 bangers and/or any other mill I get ambitious enough to toss together.

I'm hoping to get a set of "Danno" lifters for Dakota (cryo treated solid rollers) once the SB gets here...
    Thats pretty cool, but I wonder why they say NON TURBO and only the 2.0L and not 2.4L????

Why not get Schubeks lifters for Dak, no roller to wear out and lighter.

Edit, they may have changed there line-they've changed there name and limited info-

http://www.smithmachinellc.com/index.php
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Thats pretty cool, but I wonder why they say NON TURBO and only the 2.0L and not 2.4L????

Why not get Schubeks lifters for Dak, no roller to wear out and lighter.

Edit, they may have changed there line-they've changed there name and limited info-

http://www.smithmachinellc.com/index.php
    They don't give much info eh? I'd be interested but...
    Dakota's going to be 408 OBDII compliant. I *think* I've figured out how to do it. And I like roller stuff.. As far as Dak goes, I've seen the dumbarse guys Qs and asked a few myself.. Screw em I got the answer on my own...

Garrett booster

So do theyhave any give to them. I had a lifter freeze once and it bent the valve. Just sitting at a light and just started to drive and clunk clunk. Pulled the valve cover saw the rockersitting there had the valve taken out and it was bent. looked at the lifter, it had no movment, where as the others had a little.

turbo addict

Kevin Davis has some in his 2.4 Daytona last I knew