Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TU Cast Iron Hybrid Headers Now Accepting Pre-Orders

Re: TU Cast Iron Hybrid Headers Now Accepting Pre-Orders

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Yeah, but something tells me 20 manifolds is still not to his break even point for $$$ invested in the development.

Now Chris, onto the next HiPo part...Maybe something that the 16V guys can use Or maybe L body front suspension, tubular control arms or ? There were some good ideas when you started a 'what should we build' thread

Nope. Haven't broken even yet. Not even close

All GREAT ideas. Keep them coming

A few of those future products are already on the TU chalkboard, but, we're not saying which ones Our decision to re-invest in a new project will be based on how quickly we replenish the R&D funds from the previous one. It took us several years to accumulate enough funds from our 3" swingvalve to have enough to produce the header. What sets us back the most is when certain customers only purchase the unique items we offer and nothing more. The lack of R&D funds ultimately delays the production and release of our new go-fast goodies. With all the new ideas we have on our RADAR screen it's a shame that some of them may never see the pages of our website. With that being said, we will be implementing a new pricing structure in the near future. Rather then charging our customers a fee to obtain a discount, we prefer to reward those that have stood by our side to support us year after year. In the end, everyone will be rewarded with new and better products being offered. I'll be posting a detailed thread about this in the coming weeks.

Okay, so who is going to start the "What should TU build next" thread?

Chris-TU
    Last edited by Chris W; 11-13-2007 at 08:36 PM.
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    I think there might only be one left now.
    Gee, how did you know there is only 1 left?

Thanks Scott!!

Chris-TU
    Chris Wright www.TurbosUnleashed.com Chris@TurbosUnleashed.com 602-76-BOOST Tech/Sales#: Monday-Saturday 9AM-7PM MST Proudly Serving the Turbo-Mopar Community since 1997 TU is a performance, not marketing company. We provide accurate performance data on all our performance products. Fabricating data to make us appear better is just not our style. Do the research before you buy. ROCK BOTTOM PRICES WITHOUT THE HIDDEN HANDLING FEES.... -----HOME OF THE 9 SECOND FWD T-M CLUTCH-----

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

with the massive improvements in accessability, flow, and bolt-on ease, this is looking like the next big thing for these cars.

Here's hoping these things are going to be in production for a long time!

maybe then i can get one later.. : /

Chris will you be making the cast iron header in a standard T3 flange also?

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Chris will you be making the cast iron header in a standard T3 flange also?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    Available with Chrysler turbine housing flange only.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]

Thanks Mario!

We designed our headers to work in conjunction with our 3" swingvalves which require the Chrysler turbine housing.

Chris-TU

Mario I don't really re-call asking you since I started it with ''Chris''. What I am asking is is there any future plans for making this in a standard T3, I know your hybrid header has an option of T3, just asking about this one.
    If you start making it in standard T3 I would be interested because my setup is ATP's 3'' V band swingvalve and even with a tight radius 90* it's really close to the power steering on the stock manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Mario I don't really re-call asking you since I started it with ''Chris''. What I am asking is is there any future plans for making this in a standard T3, I know your hybrid header has an option of T3, just asking about this one.
    If you start making it in standard T3 I would be interested because my setup is ATP's 3'' V band swingvalve and even with a tight radius 90* it's really close to the power steering on the stock manifold.
    As far as I know my old TU header was one of the very few with a T3 flange on it. After that they weren't marketed anymore due to some clearance issues IIRC.

Plus, if you were Chris, would you want to supply a header for people, make a few dollars, then watch them go buy other people's universal products to run on their car? If it were my business I'd rather make something that can be used as a package to help produce sales of all of my Chrysler specific parts. Business wise it's much smarter.

But that's just me. Maybe Chris has other reasons.

^Those are all good points you have, guess I'll just be sticking with my current ported stocker that I drilled for standard T3 flange then!

Quote Originally Posted by 8valves View Post
    As far as I know my old TU header was one of the very few with a T3 flange on it. After that they weren't marketed anymore due to some clearance issues IIRC.

Plus, if you were Chris, would you want to supply a header for people, make a few dollars, then watch them go buy other people's universal products to run on their car? If it were my business I'd rather make something that can be used as a package to help produce sales of all of my Chrysler specific parts. Business wise it's much smarter.

But that's just me. Maybe Chris has other reasons.
    The angle required for a standard turbine housing is different then what's required for a Chrysler housing. I believe I mentioned this several times in previous threads. At this point we would have to make a whole other manifold to support a different turbine housing. But, this would not allow customers to use our other products. As Aaron mentioned above , it would be self defeating for us to create a manifold to accept universal products. Chrysler housings work fine, why change them??? I don't think TU prices are out of line. In order for us to continue to design, develop and produce new products such as these headers we need the support of the community. By taking your chances on EBay or other places where products are cheap you're just preventing new products from getting to the TD market.

Chris-TU

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post
    I don't think TU prices are out of line

Not at all. I was only curious!

If you still have the last one i will take it.

boostaholic

What should TU build next ? how about bronze shift fork pads. Some pads for the 555, you can't buy new ANYWHERE. Won.t cost much to develop and you could improve over the stock ones.

Hybrid booster

Hey guys, when you get your manifolds, please let us know. I know I have a TU avatar on this forum, but I live back east and am not actively involved in Chris' day-to-day business. I am very interested in this manifold and want to know what you all think.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

Hybrid booster

I'm hoping to get mine next week, since I leave for a month on Nov. 25th.

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I'm hoping to get mine next week, since I leave for a month on Nov. 25th.
    You should send your manifold to me, then!

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Tyler I think I'm closer, he should send it to me
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Hey I'm closer yet, screw you both hahaha J/K.

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

But I could attach it to one of Tyler's heads and take sexy pictures...
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

Damn, you win

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast