Thread: Under hood liner...

Garrett booster

Under hood liner...

Got a question about the under hood liner that comes on most vehicles. The one on my new truck is falling down and where the clips hold it up, it's torn so they are useless, and the one on my Daytona is soaked in oil from the leak on the front of the engine somewhere.

Does anyone have any experience with the Dynamat Hood Liner?? I need to replace them on both my cars, and was wondering if this would be a good alternative to buying from the high dollar dealership, if it's even available for the Daytona, for the Ram I figure it would still be. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: Under hood liner...

The Dynamat liners are nice, they will keep the heat off of the hood and reflect it back down into the engine bay, they also will dampen noise just like the stock one.

The only negative to them is that they don't provide a stock appearance, every time you open the hood there is a huge silver liner staring back at you. Of course that's a matter of opinion whether you like it or not. On something like my pickup where it just needs to be functional, and I don't have it's hood open all day at car shows the dynamat would be fine. But on a car that I show I probably would try to find a more stock looking replacement, but that's just my own opinion and preference, yours may differ.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Garrett booster

I know what you mean. Probably will find one that looks similar to stock for the Daytona, on the truck I think I'll try out the Dynamat. Don't plan on showing that, and it is a daily driver, weekend offroader so something that can be sprayed down without absorbing too much water would be nice. Thanks for the input.

Garrett booster

im gunna get one for my car.. if you dont like the silver paint it black