Thread: My New(used) vehicle....

Garrett booster

My New(used) vehicle....

It's not turbo, or boosted yet... Probably won't ever be, but have to keep my options open for when it's paid off. Anyway it's a 2001 Offroad with a superlift and 33's. It also has black leather interior, which I already know is going to suck in the summer. Tires need to be replaced in probably 6 months so when the time comes and depending on the mileage with the 33's I may step up to 35's. I know I'm going to have to put different gears in it to get any respectacle mileage, can't be too much worse then the Ramcharger in the pics. Anyways, here's the pictures...

Truck and wifes cavalier RS

Here it is with my Ramcharger

Let me know what you guys think.

One thing that I find funny, I posted a couple weeks ago asking about older subarus, well wifey said that I needed a truck and couldn't get the subaru, although it was less than $1k, but she o.k.'d me to buy this...I don't think I'll ever figure out women.

Hybrid booster

Re: My New(used) vehicle....

Very nice! Don't know about those exhaust tips but nice package overall!
    I got a similar talk when I brought the Dak R/T home. turns out she kinda wanted a minivan, even though she says she hates em..
    I'm almost sorry I didn't pop for one of those instead of the Dak though..

Garrett booster

Yeah, not to sure about the exhaust tip either. The exhaust just behind the cat, the previous owner welded on I think a 2.5" pipe with a race bullet muffler back to where they put that 6"-8" tip on it. Tell you one thing though, going through the tunnel to get into dowtown Portland, this thing bites! Eventually that will be replaced with just a turndown after the axle.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Nice looking rig, but the color on that Maple tree is spectacular

Wish we had fall colors in SoCal

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

Hybrid booster

Is the Ramcharger a 2wd, or is the truck just sitting real high?

2WD Ramchargers have got to be pretty rare. What engine and trans?
    1986 Chrysler Lebaron 2 dr. R.I.P. 2.2 T1 log intake, modified to intercool Best 1/8th 9.03@77mph / Best 1/4 14.16@93.55mph Running on E85:nod:[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] '93 Spirit 2.5 TBI 5 Spd(sold), '85 Ramcharger, 360 4brl, NP435 4 Spd. The new ride; '90 Sundance 2.5 T1/5 spd. FMIC(from Ford Probe) new Mitsu; Best 1/8th 8.96@79.16 / Best 1/4 14.06@101.27

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by Spraynlog View Post
    Is the Ramcharger a 2wd, or is the truck just sitting real high?

2WD Ramchargers have got to be pretty rare. What engine and trans?
    Yes it is a 2wd Ramcharger. I've seen a couple of them, not too many though. The engine tranny is a 318 with a 727. Best vehicle I've ever owned, never left me stranded once, including the time that the bolts on the harmonic balancer broke as I was backing into the driveway. I would have kept driving the truck, but the body is in need of a lot of repairs, it came from Michigan with me and with all the salt there are a few holes in the body.

It would make a nice vehicle for a big block strip runner though

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor jre97's Avatar

Nice truck. that thing is just screaming for a little bit bigger tire like a 35

Garrett booster

i agree^^^

bigger tires would look nice, i would say 35's or 37's super swampers.

i got a 4x4 R/C sittin in the yard, gonna fix the most i can and sell it, i need the money, so if anyone is interested, jsut PM me.

sorry for highjacking this thread.

as for your truck, very nice. the exhaust tip looks like a damn diesel exhaust.

what motor is in that thing, a 318 or 360?

i bet it sounds good though.

if yo uneed help on it, or just want to talk about it, i recommend you check out www.dodgetruckworld.com

and that R/C looks good, same colors then my 90 RAM, and it sits about the same height.

Alex

turbo addict

I heard they get good fuel mileage.

turbo addict

sweet lets see run over that j-body.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Garrett booster

NICE TRUCK!!! I agree though, go with some bigger tires or take the lift off!!! What are your axle gears? What engine? My Dak would love some 4.10's and I only have 32's on it.

Garrett booster

Not to bring back a thread from the dead, but I finally got my new wheels and tires. Went with 15x10 Cragar Soft 8 wheels, and 35x12.50r15 Maxxis Bighorns for tires. Ran me $850 for the package shipped. Not bad for summit for wheels and ebay for tires. The wheels come within 1/8" of the caliper but they don't hit. Going to keep the other wheels/tires and use them for day to day, and the bigger ones for the trails. Should give me better mileage, less wear and tear on the drivetrain, and the tires will last longer. Most likely going to need some fender flares so I don't get harrased by the cops. Anyways, look above for the before pics.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckSetter View Post
    NICE TRUCK!!! I agree though, go with some bigger tires or take the lift off!!! What are your axle gears? What engine? My Dak would love some 4.10's and I only have 32's on it.
    Sorry didn't see your post, it's got the 5.9L in it, the tires/wheels came with it when I bought it. The gears are 4.10's stock due to the offroad package with the LSD in back. Plans are to get 4.56's eventually, with an Aussie Locker up front, and most likely a Detroit out back.

Here's the pics...

Garrett booster

hell yea now thats what im talking about!!!

my mom has a truck similar to it, and im getting her to buy tires like that!!!

sweet truck!!!

Alex

turbo addict

Nice truck. Those extended/Quad cabs are great. My regular cab trucks are a pain sometimes.

Did the factory Offroad wheels come with it? I know somebody that is looking for a set.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

turbo addict

wow that truck looks nice, only thing i would change is put a different exhaust tip on it and maybe a grille guard, black of course. Nice truck i like the taillight covers too

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    Nice looking rig, but the color on that Maple tree is spectacular

Wish we had fall colors in SoCal
    Hell, Alan, I wish we had leaves on the trees!!! We have snow and ice and 16°! It's been bouncing between freezing and 0°F for the past month or so and if it does happen to break out above freezing, we immediately get severe thunderstorms and 40mph winds until the front rolls through and switches back to ice then snow and the temps drop like a brick! I'd love to be able to leave the house without a coat like you guys can in Cali! lol

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread about a sweet lifted Offroad Ram!

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by GLHS592 View Post
    Nice truck. Those extended/Quad cabs are great. My regular cab trucks are a pain sometimes.

Did the factory Offroad wheels come with it? I know somebody that is looking for a set.
    No, I only got the 17x9 Devino wheels that were on it when I bought it. My friend has his stock Offroad wheels still though, he was trying to sell them, I can ask if he still want to if you want, shipping would be expensive though.

The exhaust tip as of yesterday is now gone. I just cut the exhaust after the rear hanger. I put a set of removable mud flaps on the back and it melted one of them so it had to go bye bye.

Hopefully later this week I can make it up the the trails and try out the new tires. Tried to last weekend, but one of the guys I was with lost his front tire/wheel before we made to any trails....but that's a whole other story. If I make it out I'll be sure to post some pictures.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by dodge80_89 View Post
    No, I only got the 17x9 Devino wheels that were on it when I bought it. My friend has his stock Offroad wheels still though, he was trying to sell them, I can ask if he still want to if you want, shipping would be expensive though.
    He has found a set local to him. Thanks anyway.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!