Thread: modified 86 Daytona for stock TD in Oregon

Garrett booster

modified 86 Daytona for stock TD in Oregon

I bought this car from amcpacer about 2 months ago and haven't driven it a whole lot. 2 weeks ago I ran into a strange electrical problem.. the car bucks and loses power when you put too much load on the motor. I'm horrible with electrical stuff and I just don't think I can deal with it.

Its got a lot of mods and when it ran right, it ran really well and very strong. I'm looking for something with a little less power and a little closer to stock. I'm also kinda wanting to get out of sporty cars... looking for like a Shadow or something like that.

I bought the car for $2000 and I figure this electrical problem can't be *that* hard to fix if the person knows what they're doing.

I figure with the mods and all of the stuff on the car, its at least worth a stock TD...

Anyone?

Original Ad by amcpacer: (only things changed since then are HEP and coil)
    Hi,

I usually hang out at the other forum but I thought I would sign up over here to sell my Turbo-Z and get to know this place too.

It is a white 1986 Turbo-Z. It runs absolutely great! Here are the specifications: It has an 89 2.5L commonblock with an 85 Bath-Tub head installed. It still has the stock 85 slider cam. The injectors are +20s. It is running 87 electronics with a 3bar map sensor from TU. The calibration is a highly modified blueberry cal that I have been working on since Dec of 06 with MoparChem. I have it set to 20psi of boost and there is never detonation as I have the fuel and ign curves worked out rather well. It has a very large front mount intercooler with mandrel bent 2.5" piping. The exhaust is 2.5" with a high flow converter located about 20cm after the turbo and there is a Magnaflow muffler located where the stock cat would go and finally exits out the driver side in front of the left rear tire (the exhaust is very quiet except when you accelerate hard). The turbocharger is stock except for a 63A/R exhaust housing from TU. There is no shaft play and the turbo does not smoke or leak. The transmission is an A520 with a 3.50:1 differential ratio. The rims are 16" pumpers with dodge center caps and the tires are Kuhmo Ecsta 711 and the front are about 95% tread and the rear have around 50% tread. It has a westach EGT and a Boost gauge. It has a custom made roof console that houses a A/F gauge that has a bar display and actual ratio displayed. The brakes are fairly new and have no pedal pulse. I have unequal length front axels and have no torque steer.

The bad: 1. The interior has two tears on the driver side seat and the rear seats have sun damage on the very top. I did buy some matching upholstery from a local shop but did not get a chance to install it. I will include the fabric. 2. There is some rust around the parking brake cable but could be easily repaired. There is some minor rust on the hatchback on the driver side. 3. There are a couple of cracks in the firewall near the middle where the hump is. 4. I cut a hole in the ground effects (aero package rubber) on the driver side to accomodate the side exit exhaust that it currently has. 5. The windshield has a small crack at the bottom of the passenger side but it is hard to notice and it will not grow since it self terminates. 6. I installed new brake calipers about a year ago and the pedal sinks a bit lower than it used to afterward. It stops just fine though but could benefit from another bleeding. 7. It still has the original paint job and it has a few scratches and dings and some minor flaking on the top of the door. 8. The clutch seems to slip if I go over 23psi of boost in the 3800rpm range like it needs a race clutch. 9. The enthusiast seat air pump bulb does not pump up the seat very well and could tire out your hand. 10. It is missing the front air fence that goes under the ground effects. It still has the side ones though.

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Re: TRADE modified 86 Daytona for stock TD in Oregon

Nice looking car

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Garrett booster

Thanks, but something like a turbo mini or a shadow would more suit my lifestyle :/

turbo addict

That is sharp. I like the older style daytona with the pumpers. Looks real clean. Good luck.

maybe a lebaron?

Garrett booster

Lebaron would be good as long as it was loaded... if I'm getting a heavy car like that, I'm gonna want it to at least be comfortable

Garrett booster

Ill give you a 88 lebaron premium convert 2.5 N/A with rod knock and rotted floors for it Slick car.

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

that is a really sweet car. looks nicer and better put together than most here.

turbo addict

ive got a REALLY clean chrysler NY. 86, bone stock. It needs a HG but I would have that taken care of before trading cars. PM me if interested.

Garrett booster

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFromHell View Post
    ive got a REALLY clean chrysler NY. 86, bone stock. It needs a HG but I would have that taken care of before trading cars. PM me if interested.
    haha, that's going from one end of the spectrum to the other XD

I'm not sure that would be a good deal on my end.