Thread: 1984 shelby charger need advice???? How too's

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

1984 shelby charger need advice???? How too's

hello eveyone who read's this i'am thinkin on buy'n this car.I just want to know if i should or shouldn't?I want to go fast in the 13's atleast!Is this the year and car i want?My friend has a 1989 lebaron 2.2l turbo for sale but the car is smashed hard in the rear i can buy the motor/tubo complete with ecm and harness if need be.I need to know how to make more boost,fool the ecm so i can hit 15-18 psi.Not the first day with the car but after the intercooler upgrade.what injector's do i need?do i need a 5th injector.Thankx for the help guy's.Brian

Hybrid booster

Re: 1984 shelby charger need advice???? How too's

this is the site for you----->http://thedodgegarage.com

Thankx man but i still don't know how to fool the ecm and make more boost tho?

Hybrid booster

click on "turbo database" on the left side and go down to the "how to section". its all there.

Hybrid booster

A good way to go is buy the Charger if ya like it and it's clean/won't need a ton of body work, suspension work etc and it's cheap...
    Enjoy the H.O. motor for the time being and gather the info and parts you need for the turbo swap as time goes on.

For a new guy(like me) the best bet for the turbo swap is to find another turbo L body. You'll need the harness from the bulkhead forward and LM/PM and the fuel harness from the connector under the dash to the tank. It's always good to have a like kind parts car..
    I did my GLH-T swap into my N/A Omni over a weekend including some minor misc improvements, the only thing that held me back at that point was waiting for the muffler to get here. Open 3" DP didn't last too long on the street..

i looked at that car and it was pretty beat up.In the morning i'am going to look at 1988 shadow 2.5 turbo.What is the best turbo and cyl head to look for? I only want to buy one and be the rite one.I work at a dodge dealership so there for i get c ost on part's.Any part #s would be greatly needed.

Garrett booster

I have some advice for you but it isn't about the car...

No offense, but its really hard to read what you're typing when your sentences all run together. Is it possible you could try to type a little less blocked up?