Thread: early and later van interior

Garrett booster

early and later van interior

I was walking through the boneyard a few days ago and I was poking around some of the vans. I came across a 93' Caravan with super clean grey interior. Now my 89' van all new carpet, headliner, seats, but the plastic is all the crap white and scratched up. So I began to wonder if it is possible to switch to all the later stile plastic. To me it looked like it would be swapable, but maybe someone has tryed and didn't work.

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: early and later van interior

Never tried the plastic, but the headliners swap right over and fit perfect, of course that is no help to you, but at least we know the interiors are the same length. Only issue with the 93 stuff is that it's got shoulder belts in the back so there would be more holes in the panel. You can always test fit the parts in the yard before you buy, usually lots of vans to choose from.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Garrett booster

Yeah, I never thought of that. Have to try on the next trip.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

The seats work but if you use the rear seats with kids, you'll have to retrofit over the seat belt retractors, there seperate.

Interior pieces might swap. The doors are different and the hatch is a different shape so not much might swap. The carpet should be ok.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Garrett booster

Wow the hatch is different? I knew the door was, but I didn't know the Hatch was. Maybe the pieces on the door won't swap then. I'll have to check that out.

Mitsu booster

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    The seats work but if you use the rear seats with kids, you'll have to retrofit over the seat belt retractors, there seperate.

Interior pieces might swap. The doors are different and the hatch is a different shape so not much might swap. The carpet should be ok.
    Wait, the seats swap directly over? Are any modifications needed? Front and rear, or just rear?

Tom

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomInOregon View Post
    Wait, the seats swap directly over? Are any modifications needed? Front and rear, or just rear?

Tom
    The back seats use the same latch mechanism. The fronts also bolt in. A friend is using a leather setup from a 2nd Gen in his 1st Gen.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Mitsu booster

Holy cow. I thought they had changed them. That opens up my options considerably. Thanks for the information!

Tom