Thread: heater question

Hybrid booster

heater question

my heater is stuck on defrost, it will only blow out by the window. before it worked and blew out the bi level vents. but now it wont, i live in canada and its cold... please help! oh yea, 89 shadow

Garrett booster

Re: heater question

First thing I would do would be to pull the heat/AC control unit out of the dash and check that the vac connector/lines are in good shape and then replace that with another unit. Then check the vacuum lines to make sure they're not cracked or have come off of the canisters. The actuator canister for the "floor" selection is on the drivers side, up underneath next to the go pedal. The only other one that's accessible without removing the entire dash is the defrost canister and that should visible if you remove the glove box (not sure on p-bodies).
    Former: 1989 Daytona Shelby 1990 Lebaron GTC Current: 2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0t "I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming." -Mitch Hedberg

Hybrid booster

cool, ill check that. also, when i park my car on my driveway, facing down i here a ksssh right when i turn it off, and then i hit the brakes and its gone.. not sure about that either..

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Make sure the small vacuum line for the heater controls is hooked up coming off the brake booster. Defrost is the default position when the controls get no vacuum signal.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...