Thread: 87 Turismo Duster

Hybrid booster

87 Turismo Duster

Car is located in Pocahontas, AR 72455.

Putting up my 87 Duster FS since I don't drive it and can't figure out what's wrong with it. So, it just sits out in the weather where it's been parked for I'd say about 3-4 months? It is RUST FREE except for a small surface spot in the rear fender lip from a rock chip. Underside is imaculant. I'll get an odometer reading tomorrow when it's light out but it has around 95-98K original miles on it. (You can tell how much I've been messing with it lately.)

I'll start with the bad.

Car will start and run, but after a couple miles of driving, gets a smell like someone using a cutting torch from under the hood and gets a small amount of smoke coming from driver's side by the ex. manifold.

Needs a new ex. doughnut I think. Got really hot on the ex. side coming home from work the night it all started and now the ex. leaks. (I did park it and we trailered it home the next day.)

The small rust chip I mentioned earlier.

Air conditioning has been removed because I couldn't get to the alternater with my big hands after I unbolted the AC and set it aside.

Door panels have a few small splits in them between the cords.

The good.

New tires, alternater, regulator

Rust free, dent free

Almost perfect interior, aside from the splits in the door panels and rear seat. I have not checked the front seats since they had seat covers on them and I haven't pulled them off.

Will throw in everything I have saved up to turbo it, including:

88 2.2 rebuilt shortblock- not bored(Has around 3-4 K on it N came out of my Tona for a 2.5)
    1 piece intake+ex. mannies+TB
    89 Caravan turbo harness (Has a couple cut wires but all is there)
    92 turbo head

Also have the sideskirts from an 83 SC and the rear 1/4 extensions I'd throw in for an extra 100.

Looking for 800. 900 with Shelby parts. I have no way of hauling this anywhere since I sold the full size, but for a rust free L-body with almost everything for a turbo swap, I think it's a fair price. I just don't have the time.

Also interested in partial trade for a super60 or hybrid turbo, A568 with cables/shifter or a Shelby valve cover for my Daytona.

Hybrid booster

Re: 87 Turismo Duster FS

I looked through the pictures and found that the speaker covers are shot and remembered I took the saggy headliner out. Car still has the factory 2.2 carb in it and it's an auto (I forgot to add that) Can get more pics upon request, but I figure these will probably be extensive enough

Rust spot.

underside.

Outside.

interior.

Hybrid booster

Re: 87 Turismo Duster FS

bump running out of time money and room need to get rid of this one. Best offers?