Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbogui/guidsm... beware

Hybrid booster

Thumbs down Turbogui/guidsm... beware

I sold him a used holset turbo, he got the turbo and claimed the exhaust wheel was damaged. This took him a month to confirm with me what he wanted to do once he confirmed for me that he wanted a refund. I issued him a refund via paypal and he confirmed he recieved it and would ship the turbo back to me. Well it's been well over a month now and no turbo back to me.

So thanks for setting a great example. Nice to see when the shoe's on the other foot, you'll come through yourself.

Re: Turbogui/guidsm... beware

Did he want insurance? Did this cross the border via canada post? If he didn't ask for insurance that it shouldn't be on you if the wheel wasn't damaged when it left your hands. I would have stalled him for a few more days, after 45 days their actions with a dispute with paypal are void.

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post
    Did he want insurance? Did this cross the border via canada post? If he didn't ask for insurance that it shouldn't be on you if the wheel wasn't damaged when it left your hands. I would have stalled him for a few more days, after 45 days their actions with a dispute with paypal are void.
    I think it was a whole turbo so if the turbine housing is on, its impossible for the wheel to get damaged in transit.

BTW, there both in Canada,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by moparzrule View Post

We are both in Canada, however I wouldn't do something like that as I had no intentions of "scaming" anyone even though it was not a scam and it was on him as I did sell him a "used" product. My reputation was worth more to me than 325 dollars, however after he dragged my name through the mud in the previous thread claiming me to be all sorts of things, you would at least expect him to be an honest guy and ship the turbo back.

He showed me pictures of a trashed wheel and I was sold it from a trusted seller and have no reason to believe it was when I shipped it, HOWEVER I also trust him to not be scamming me, I just think he may have forgot to ship me the turbo. I have emailed him several times to no avail so I figured I would post up here and maybe he would read it and I could get the turbo back since I refunded him the money

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Any update on this please!!!
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

I haven't gotten the turbo yet, he said it would ship to me a few weeks ago...

Hybrid booster

So I guess it's offical now, He scammed me for sure wow what a guy runs my name through the mud then scams me...

Hybrid booster

For the record, TurboGui never made any attempts to return the turbo to me after taking the refund. So I hope he enjoyed his free holset

boostaholic

is that guy even on here anymore?

boostaholic

That sucks man. I'm sorry that happened. A few things come to mind I could say about that guy, but I dont want my post deleted!

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

oh well , im not the only having problem with im !!! solved ?

I think there should be a mistake, I been doing bussines with him without any problem!, he is a cool guy, actually he helped me with my Megasquirt without charging me a dime!

Im just guessing, but I think he is really busy with his new baby.

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by R/Tony View Post
    I think there should be a mistake, I been doing bussines with him without any problem!, he is a cool guy, actually he helped me with my Megasquirt without charging me a dime!

yeah busy with is baby now , but i has my smec for socketing till 2 years ... and he doesnt answer me on msn or email , thank you very much

turbo addict

whats your location? are you in contact a lot? why not ask him to drop us a line?
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    So I guess it's offical now, He scammed me for sure wow what a guy runs my name through the mud then scams me...
    Posted 12/2/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    For the record, TurboGui never made any attempts to return the turbo to me after taking the refund. So I hope he enjoyed his free holset
    posted 01/18/2009 ... a whole year has passed

Now it's been 2 years since the start of this thread... How long do you get to be busy with a new baby?
    - Dave MacArthur '83 Shelby Charger - TII conversion ("The Mistress") '08 Ranger '04 Malibu '12 Can Am Spyder RT

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    whats your location? are you in contact a lot? why not ask him to drop us a line?
    I live in Mexico, and I havent been in Canada, everything was done by phone or email.

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    Posted 12/2/2007

posted 01/18/2009 ... a whole year has passed

Now it's been 2 years since the start of this thread... How long do you get to be busy with a new baby?
    haha I didnt see that!... sorry!

I will send him an email today

I've sold him a couple of things without any issues. I believe I also bought a SBEC from him a few years back.
    84 Laser XE TII A555 89 Caravan SE TIV A568

Mitsu booster

Thank to Tony to inform me about this threath.

God..Garret you don't tell the whole story about this. What exactly happen is Garret sold me a Holset Hy-35 for a project... I was needed the turbo very quick...but you know what happen...i wait and wait and wait... He is not responding to his mail... i have to purchase another turbo to finish the project. Finally one cool guy here give me the phone number of Garret... I don't remember exactly how long it as take to received the turbo... When i unpack the turbo evereything was fine..but when i removed the turbine housing... WAAAAAAAAAAAAA... The exhasut wheel was shot..too much EGT have completly crap the wheel.. I have take pic and send it to Garett... He said it's not is turbo..i can take pics from another turbo, ..what a POS ! This turbo was shot and he is know. After some debate he send me my cash back.. This purchase was a real nightmare... a lot of loosing time...a lot of email send whitout answer.
    When i shipped the package to Garret home, cost 50$, the package come back here maybe 1 month later whit a note on : bad adress or something like that.
    I still have this hasstray on hand, i can take pics again and show everybody how was the turbo.
    Garret i can send it back to you COD if you wish i dont' care about this broken turbo...

Shelby monster : I know it's my own fault about calibration. We have made a trade, i send you a good OTC 2000 scanner + good accessory and i was supossed to burn you a cal. I got bad time findind special eprom ( not the one everybody use) and got few in january. Time missing and other project have take all my time. I have not reason about that and l'm very sorry. What i can do is send you 50$ ( the price a charged for a mod SMEC + custom cal) over paypal to cover the lost. I have your smec on hand, i will ship it back to you. Again very sorry about that. MEgasquirt, SRT-4, familly and work take all my time. I have help a lot of guy in the past and often for free. Tony can state about it.. but since 1 year.. i dont' have so many time.

That the story!

Heroes never die, they just reload! Turbo Mopar Staff Frank's Avatar

So you are saying he has two screen names?
    Frank Katzenberger
    Squirrel Performance - Home of the best turbo calc!!!
    http://www.squirrelpf.com

91 Daytona Shelby - It is getting there

87 Shelby CSX #418 - Near stock is a good thing!

94 Bronco 302 XLT - Shorty Headers, 3" exhaust, cold air intake, & Soft top

"... to get the best out of it, you have to go beyond the line. Where bravery becomes insanity. Shall I turn into this hairpin bend at a 100mph? Why not!"

Visit the new Knowledge Center today!

Check out the one and only Shelby Dodge Registry!

Mitsu booster

Yes i have 2 screen name...turbogui here
    and guidsm on TD.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast