Well, I have been very busy building a new shed and will soon be finished up and back to wrenchin' on the Turbo Z. I have the correct calipers this time (2-pin mount, not the 1-pins I had) and new e-brake cables, as I feel that should be in good working order, just in case.
I'm not sure the pedal ever went entirely to the floor. I keep using that term, but truly, it just went down much farther than I'm used to, and I did have enough braking power to stop the car in the driveway.
Of course, when I pulled the old e-brake cable out, I found much more rust in the floor pan then originally thought---a 2" wide, 10" long hole in the pan! I'll have to check into having that patched up at a body shop.
Thanks Simon!