Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any SDAC 18 Rumours????

Hybrid booster

Re: Any SDAC 18 Rumours????

All I can say is, if it is where I heard it is going to be, I will be there.

This year will be total chaos. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

turbo addict

Its a long way for me to drive to. But I sure would like to this year. If there was an autocross, that would make it worth the drive. I'd bring the turbo wagon so I could haul my stuff.

Johnny
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

What if there were a road course?

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

turbo addict

Autocross would be a lot better.

Johnny
    Great stuff for great cars! Poly engine mounts and bushings at: http://www.polybushings.com

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Autocross would be a lot better.

Johnny
    Driving around in a walmart parking lot around cones is better than a road course on a track????????
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Mitsu booster

Smile Re: Any SDAC 18 Rumours????

Hey guys

I am new to this forum and I just think keeping the meet site a big question mark to non SDAC members is very odd. I just bought a Shelby Charger. My very first Turbo Dodge! I had two Laser turbo XE's and a Dodge Charger 2.2. Anyways I also like Bricklins and I am President of Bricklin International; bricklin.org (great website). I also have a Javelin, but don't hold it against me!

We really push our meet to all Bricklin owners because we believe that if a non Bricklin member comes to the meet he will join! Plus we like to have as big as meet as possible. So every car is important.
    More participants means more excitement, parts and of course cars.

So I was very curious as to where the SDAC meet would be? I may want to check it out. But keeping a secert makes that kinda impossible without joining the club. So is this an exclusive clique thing?

I did go to the Mopar Nats last year but did not stop by your booth, I will next time. I just wanted to understand the reasoining behind your secrecy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bricklin107 View Post
    Hey guys

I am new to this forum and I just think keeping the meet site a big question mark to non SDAC members is very odd. I just bought a Shelby Charger. My very first Turbo Dodge! I had two Laser turbo XE's and a Dodge Charger 2.2. Anyways I also like Bricklins and I am President of Bricklin International; bricklin.org (great website). I also have a Javelin, but don't hold it against me!

We really push our meet to all Bricklin owners because we believe that if a non Bricklin member comes to the meet he will join! Plus we like to have as big as meet as possible. So every car is important.
    More participants means more excitement, parts and of course cars.

So I was very curious as to where the SDAC meet would be? I may want to check it out. But keeping a secert makes that kinda impossible without joining the club. So is this an exclusive clique thing?

I did go to the Mopar Nats last year but did not stop by your booth, I will next time. I just wanted to understand the reasoining behind your secrecy.
    After all the SDAC members are notified then everyone else is notified. Not all members are on the web so we wait until after the newsletter goes out.

I strongly urge everyone to attend even if you don't know anyone. I went in 2005 and I did not know anyone. I had such a great time I went last year and I am planning on going this year as well.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

I LOVE Brickin's, is that your yellow one?
    I know of a blue one here in my town that is for sale.

I think an autocross is better because everyone can do it. Even the trailer queens. Not as likely to damage your car in an autocross.

Besides, a road course playday would make me want to bring my 86 GLHS and I couldn't afford to tow it there and back. Would be fun though!!

Johnny

Mitsu booster

That makes sense to notify all members first. But being February 2008; I thought it kinda of late. Lots of people have to make vacation plans early in the year.

Yep the yellow Bricklin is mine VIN 107 a 74 with a AMC engine. Where do you live? I just sold a Blue Bricklin on ebay and it went to NY. I have a couple of Bricklins, I have had them since I was 17. Sold my 82 Charger 2.2 for one. But I always wanted a Turbo Shelby and I just got one!! 87 Red Turbo Shelby Charger; LOTS OF FUN!

turbo addict

In Coos Bay Oregon. I'd love to have a Bricklin...and a 70 AMX.

I have a 86 GLHS, a 89 CSX-VNT, 86 factory Turbo Reliant wagon, 88 Lebaron Coupe turbo (my gals) 90 Turbo mini van, 92 Dodge Cummins pickup, and a 1937 Plymouth pickup.

I do not "need" any more cars

I hope you do come to the SDAC meet, I've gone to a couple, great fun. I plan on going to this years. Being 20 miles from the Pacific ocean, no matter were it is east of the Rockies, it's a long drive from here.

Johnny

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor j4278h's Avatar

Still got my fingers crossed for kalamazoo, but if its in MI i fully plan on having some of my fleet there.

turbo addict

What's a kalamazoo...isn't that some kind of wind instrument?

Johnny

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Its a long way for me to drive to. But I sure would like to this year. If there was an autocross, that would make it worth the drive. I'd bring the turbo wagon so I could haul my stuff.

Johnny
    You can caravan with me, I plan on taking my Van and the R/T, or worst case, just drive down as I don't have my passport yet,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

just drive down as I don't have my passport yet
    Then they will keep you here and not let you go home.

johnny

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff speeddemon's Avatar

Mr Bricklin,

I understand your point of view and am glad you respect our policy of notifying our membership first. We are running a little behind in getting our newsletter out and I apologize to everyone for that. It will be public knowledge very soon.

Our convention is traditionally held beginning the weekend after Father's Day and I think they are posted somewhere in this thread. I certainly hope to see you at SDAC18 and please track me down. As a Canadian I should know more about Brickins then I do - I look forward to hearing all about your car this coming June.
    Craig
    SDAC Board Member
    1985 GHLT
    1986 GLHS 047
    2005 SRT4 ACR

Mitsu booster

Thanks for the info; Will be looking for the upcoming meet info on this page!

Hybrid booster

What's a kalamazoo...isn't that some kind of wind instrument?

Johnny

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by j4278h View Post
    Still got my fingers crossed for kalamazoo, but if its in MI i fully plan on having some of my fleet there.
    That's cool. You should bring a spare A543 trans. Just in case my brother or I blow up the one on the tuna

Banned Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    You can caravan with me, I plan on taking my Van and the R/T, or worst case, just drive down as I don't have my passport yet,

you dont need a passport to go to the states here in Ontario....cross the bridge frequently, it just makes things easier for if you do! The mandatory passport date got pushed back, to july or august i believe.

I will be there this year if it is where I heard it will be.

turbo addict

I am REALLY thinking about going to SDAC, it's been a few years since I went. I really enjoy it. Carlisle is good for me as a vender. BUT I want to go to SDAC this year.... maybe both.
    I should drive there in my turbo wagon.

Johnny

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast