Thread: GLHS has G-Head or Swirl cal?

Hybrid booster

GLHS has G-Head or Swirl cal?

I am trying to remember what the cylinder head was on the GLHS 2.2 turbo engine. Was it a G-Head or swirl. I had a GLH once with a G-Head and a GLHS stage II cal and it was the best running setup I have ever had.

I am thinking about getting rid of my log style intake on my 85 Laser T1 and going with all TII and 86GLHS Stage II electronics. I know I wanted to keep the log but I am a bit concerned with such long hoses on a suck through system since it is a family car and I am not the only driver so I would hate to have an IC hose come off while someone else was driving. If the GLHS system was meant for a G-head then I should be just fine to do a TII conversion for my car. I would love to have 87 TII electronics running blueberry but I think all of those 87 cals are meant for swirl heads correct?

turbo addict

Re: GLHS has G-Head or Swirl cal?

86 cars came with swirl.

+1, 782 swirl casting on 86-up. 85-older, G head either 287 or 445 casting. The car it's on doesn't matter, it's the year.

You could just send your ECU to Shelgame and have him socket it and burn you a cal for exactly whatever you want. 2.2, G head, anything thats ported, whatever cam, fan schedules, rev limiter change, etc.

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

he has the ability to do cals already, he and i did some testing of my 87 2.5L G-head cal.

but not alot of people work with the 86 stuff either including rob... mw6886 (matt) did some 86 work though.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor Mario's Avatar

How come my 83' head is a swirl? :P Just stirring the pot.
    Mario Di Cesare [url]www.boostedmopar.com[/url] 1985 Dodge Omni GLH - The Original "BOOSTBOX" 1991 Spirit R/T - "Grandma Boost" [url]http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showpost.php?p=270429&postcount=1[/url]