Thread: 89 Turbo Voyager- Western NY

turbo addict

89 Turbo Voyager- Western NY

I think I may sell my beloved turbo mini. I would really hate to see it go. And to be honest, I am still undecided. I found a great deal on an S10 blazer and I am buying it regardless of whether the van goes or not. Its just whether I keep the S10 or sell it and make some money that will decide what happens with the mini. I want to keep the mini. I love that thing. My wife wants it gone because the blazer looks pretty in the driveway and the van does not.

Anyways, the specs on the van are in my sig. It runs great, drives great, boosts great and the BOV is unusually LOUD. I only run it at 13PSI and thats all shes ever seen. Its got a hitch on the back and it tows nicely. The e-brake cables need to be replaced, but mysteriously it just passed inspection . Other than that, its good to go mechanically. I want $875 for it. If I get a buyer at that price, I will sell. If not, my wife will be unhappy that the blazer will be sold!

More pics on this thread:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...ighlight=trade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van pics 002 (Small).jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	6175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van pics 006 (Small).jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	6176  

Re: FS> 89 Turbo Voyager- Western NY

You probably change cars more often than you change your underwear.

The van is pretty peppy with the 5 speed in it.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    I think I may sell my beloved turbo mini. I would really hate to see it go. And to be honest, I am still undecided. I found a great deal on an S10 blazer and I am buying it regardless of whether the van goes or not....
    GM.... FTW...

....because the blazer looks pretty in the driveway and the van does not.
    Oh... that hurts... Somebody needs to resuscitate Simon!

......Bueller .............. Bueller.....
    -Nate- ''Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.'' —Mark Twain

Hybrid booster

you look like mr.clean in the window... lol

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by 88_pacifica View Post
    GM.... FTW...

Oh... that hurts... Somebody needs to resuscitate Simon!

......Bueller .............. Bueller.....

GM is OK with me....ive owned my fair share of them. I cant pass up this blazer......its a 98 with 120k.....no rust, beautiful shape, but with something wrong with the 4X4 engagement......400 bucks!

And this is not to say that ALL minis look bad in my driveway......its just that this one isnt winning any beauty pageants anytime soon!

Boost, it's what's for dinner... Turbo Mopar Staff Aries_Turbo's Avatar

blazers are gay. get ready to replace all the balljoints and the u-joints and the headgaskets and the intake manifold gasket and the 4l60e trans.

Brian
    Last edited by Aries_Turbo; 10-25-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman
    This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

its a 98 with 120k.....no rust, beautiful shape, but with something wrong with the 4X4 engagement......400 bucks!
    You ought to be able to (at least) double your money without touching a thing. Good find!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_Turbo View Post
    blazers are gay. get ready to replace all the balljoints and the u-joints and the headgaskets and the intake manifold gasket and the 4l60e trans.

Brian
    B.Joints were done and the guy ACTUALLY was a maintenence freak, so they were always greased......and its a stick, so no 60E. And I never heard of HG's going on the 4.3. And YOURE gay.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    You ought to be able to (at least) double your money without touching a thing. Good find!
    I thought about just putting it back up on cragslist as-is. I bet it would fetch a grand.

no dont, trade it to me for a V6 k car!

stick, cool!

at least the intake gaskets go on them. i think my buddy steve had one go on a 4.3L

Brian

This one is easy, I have myself to blame, I rush things, don't pay attention to gauges when I should, change to much stuff at once then expect miracles, the list is endless.

turbo addict

no dont, trade it to me for a V6 k car!

stick, cool!

at least the intake gaskets go on them. i think my buddy steve had one go on a 4.3L

Brian

So, to get this straight......blazers are gay......but you wouldnt mind driving one? Sounds about right.

I just loaded it off the dolly......this is an incredible deal for 400 bucks. I played around with the vacuum actuator and got it to drop into 4WD LOW, but I cant get 4 high out of it. Im gonna get it on the lift tonight and see whats going on. I drove it up and down the block and the thing runs great....cold A/C....everything works (except 4 high). Hopefully its something simple.

So, to get this straight......blazers are gay......but you wouldnt mind driving one? Sounds about right.

I just loaded it off the dolly......this is an incredible deal for 400 bucks. I played around with the vacuum actuator and got it to drop into 4WD LOW, but I cant get 4 high out of it. Im gonna get it on the lift tonight and see whats going on. I drove it up and down the block and the thing runs great....cold A/C....everything works (except 4 high). Hopefully its something simple.
    What time are you headed to the shop??
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    What time are you headed to the shop??

Probably 7:30 or so. Want to help? I could really use someone to push the 4WD button while im under the truck. Call me.

turbo addict

Just sold the van. Ive got a deposit and im supposed to deliver it on Sunday. I got 850 for it so I feel OK about that, but im bummed the van is moving on. I sold it to a TDer so he knows what he has.

who? and is he going to fix that dreadful intercooler piping?

Brian

turbo addict

who? and is he going to fix that dreadful intercooler piping?

Brian
    A local guy....I think its "Zwarbyt" on TD.com. Hes owned minis in the past and also has a Rampage. I have no idea what he is going to do......I think hes just looking for a winter beater.

yeah i know who he is. i saw him on 490 the one day in his old turbo mini years ago.

Brian

turbo addict

Just delivered the van. I was sad to see it go......but im stepping up to a much nicer vehicle.....my wife will even ride in it.