Thread: Weird wooing Noise from the driver side?

TurboII

Weird wooing Noise from the driver side?

Its hard to explain what it is. Its sounds like a tire thats a bit deflated and you get that wooing noise as you accumulate speed. But the air is fine on my tire, i also checked axle and thats fine, my next guess is ..Hub bearing and if thats not the case defected tire. But thats the weird thing i replace that hub bearing about two years ago and i also had a defected tire. the tire was a copper cobra and the nylon thread inside came apart and bubbled on the threaded area making my car hop. Wooing noise has been a few days now.

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff contraption22's Avatar

Re: Weird wooing Noise from the driver side?

Perhaps a diff bearing going?
    Mike Marra
    1986 Plymouth Horizon GLMF "The Contraption" < entertaining sponsorship offers
    Project Log:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?69708-The-Contraption-2013-14&highlight=

Hybrid booster

Move the tire to a diffent axle if noise moves it's the tire.

TurboII

well turned out to be the tire. its not defected its just the way my tires are. Their knobby (winter tires). So they tend to do that. I inspected the axle, hubs, etc. and all turned up great.

Fewwwww ...thank good

Cause it would suck if i had to replace a hub cause in spring im having the big break setup going in and im gonna be buying new hubs anyways.

joey