Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: window scraper equivelant

Mitsu booster

Thumbs up window scraper equivelant

ok, guys and gals, i have just completed replacing my scrapers on my rampage. not with originals(who could find em any way), but jcwhitneys. they seem to fit very close to originals, and are fairly cheap.part # is 819751, they are 4 foot long, so 1 for each window. they are called flocked rubber weatherstrip, and are $16 a pc. fairly straightforward, only mod is 1 or 2 cuts made to match the rampages curved upward sweep by the rearveiw mirrors. the doorglass is TIGHT now and doesnt rattle when door is shut w/window down!!!!!! this seems to me to be the answer to our l-body door problems. it takes about 1/2 to an hour each door..........any questions feel free to shoot em.................steve

p.s. one HUGE tip, when unbolting the glass(so you can drop it to the bottom of the door to access the scraper screws) first mark the bolt washers w/a marker so when you bolt the glass back on, you dont have to spend an hour aligning the glass,,,,,DOH!!!!

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Re: window scraper equivelant

Great find!!!
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Can you post the link for those? I searched on that part number and no luck.

Thanks for the info and good find!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Anything close for 2-dr. Pbody owners?! lol...

Mitsu booster

Re: window scraper equivelant PART #ZX819751A

ok, part# is ZX819751A.....DC, there are 3 types of these flocked rubber moldings, i picked the "tallest" sidewall and it is still about 1/4" shorter than the original, and not as heavy duty, but still seems to work. if the p-bodies are like the L's, you should find one that works too.

Well I think if the window is pressed decently to the seal it will work fine. My problem is my INNER window seals wore out, but with this I may be able to replace mine with these as I have a brand new set of the factory exterior window scrapers.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/S...searchbtn.y=16

That's the link for the part number.

Thanks again!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by mightyss View Post
    ok, guys and gals, i have just completed replacing my scrapers on my rampage. not with originals(who could find em any way), but jcwhitneys. they seem to fit very close to originals, and are fairly cheap.part # is 819751, they are 4 foot long, so 1 for each window. they are called flocked rubber weatherstrip, and are $16 a pc. fairly straightforward, only mod is 1 or 2 cuts made to match the rampages curved upward sweep by the rearveiw mirrors. the doorglass is TIGHT now and doesnt rattle when door is shut w/window down!!!!!! this seems to me to be the answer to our l-body door problems. it takes about 1/2 to an hour each door..........any questions feel free to shoot em.................steve

p.s. one HUGE tip, when unbolting the glass(so you can drop it to the bottom of the door to access the scraper screws) first mark the bolt washers w/a marker so when you bolt the glass back on, you dont have to spend an hour aligning the glass,,,,,DOH!!!!
    No pics? No write up for the Knowledge Center? Your FIRED!

Nah... really tho great job!

boostaholic

How are these holding up after 3 years?

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

Curious as well...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Need to throw up a picture of em, too.
    Nick G. 1984 Dodge Rampage

boostaholic

Bueller....

Super Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff 135sohc's Avatar

Last active
    04-10-2009

boostaholic

Alright, I need to replace mine now as I have the car torn apart, so I will order them and keep this thread alive.

boostaholic

I read the reviews @ JC Whitney and will write one, once I get these installed. Here are the vehicles that this specific product were used on(very interesting):

'76 EL CAMINO; sounded like alot of fab.
    90 Cavalier; sounded like it fit well.
    91 Sundance; used for inner and outer, outer did not work as good.
    "Worked well on my Classic Plymouth and saved me money."

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

All I'm waiting for is the go-no-go... I guess it's not that much $$, but I would still hate to throw it away on something that doesn't fit/work...

Mike
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
    - Edmund Burke

Is it this?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/inner-and-o...17&filterid=j1

If so, the correct part number is "1JA 819751"

Let me know how the install goes, my passenger scraper is getting bad.

boostaholic

Yep and the other number from earlier in the thread works as well, they are the same part. I am hoping to order today, so I can get them in before the Rampage goes to the paint shop.

I know, but it wouldn't pull up for me without the first three characters.

boostaholic

Yes that stuff will work. I have it on my T top daytona and it has been there for a year or so now.

See this thread:
    http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/sh...hlight=scraper

boostaholic

That is awesome that it works for a Daytona as well; I am about to see if it will work for the L-bodies, specifically a Rampage of the '84 vintage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast