Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE D@mn turn signal relay 92 IROC R/t And ABS Issue

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

UPDATE D@mn turn signal relay 92 IROC R/t And ABS Issue

WHERE is IT!!! Signals went out on my 92 IROC R/T need to know where the relay is. Turn signals are non-functional right now. If I press the hazard switch in 1/2 way they work. Fully depressed and locke on... no workie...

HELP!!!!
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Garrett booster

Re: D@mn turn signal relay 92 IROC R/t

IIRC, it's a big yellow relay by the column behind the driver knee blocker. I had a 92 Lebaron with a similar turn signal problem and replacing the switch pod ended up fixing it.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Chuck.. long time no see... Switch pod... You mean the actual signal lever pod or the BIG yellow thing??
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GLHSKEN View Post
    Chuck.. long time no see... Switch pod... You mean the actual signal lever pod or the BIG yellow thing??
    Big Bird????
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Ahhh... Simon... no help there...
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Ahhh... Simon... no help there...
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

Chuck meant the actuall switch pod, up at the instrument cluster. You can try another relay if you want, have any spares?

Do all the bulbs work? I know some cars stop working when one or a few go out.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

LOL... Yes all bulbs work.. That switch also activated the brights... they work... Hell I'll just buy one of each. Swap them in seperatly and see what one works then I'll have a spare of 1 LOL
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

LOL... Yes all bulbs work.. That switch also activated the brights... they work... Hell I'll just buy one of each. Swap them in seperatly and see what one works then I'll have a spare of 1 LOL

Its funny but I've had customers come in saying there signals don't work and they've checked ALL the bulbs. I'll do a quick walk around and yep, they missed one, replace it and wow, they now work,

From what I remember, those switches are friggin expensive,

I parted out a 91 Daytona and the signals worked, you can have the relay if you want. Mine wasn't yellow though. If yours has a part number, I can probably match it up with my black/gray ones.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Its funny but I've had customers come in saying there signals don't work and they've checked ALL the bulbs. I'll do a quick walk around and yep, they missed one, replace it and wow, they now work,

From what I remember, those switches are friggin expensive,

I parted out a 91 Daytona and the signals worked, you can have the relay if you want. Mine wasn't yellow though. If yours has a part number, I can probably match it up with my black/gray ones.
    Main part # 4565015 Thanks bro.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Main part # 4565015 Thanks bro.
    Sorry, no match. Called the dealer and of course, there different from 91 to 92, why would they use the same parts, that just makes sense

Hybrid booster

WHERE is IT!!! Signals went out on my 92 IROC R/T need to know where the relay is. Turn signals are non-functional right now. If I press the hazard switch in 1/2 way they work. Fully depressed and locke on... no workie...

HELP!!!!
    Sounds like it's not the relay if the signals work with the hazard pushed 1/2 way in. I've been having a similar problem with mine where they'll work in the morning, then more often than not quit working on the drive home from work in the afternoon. Next morning they'll work again! I'm thinking the turn signal cancelling relay in the steering column is flaking out, but haven't had a chance to get to it yet. Been tracking down the wiring gremlins one by one. BTW, you should be able to find TS switches to fit Daytonas in LeBarons of the same vintage.

If you still have problems, let me know, I've got all the shop manuals with schematics.

HELP!!!!

Try adding a ground wire directly to the bulb socket and ground it to the body. I've found that more often that not, an oddball electrical problem that does wierd things with other, separate functions is usually a bad ground somewhere.

thanks all. have a flasher relay on the way. We'll see if that works. if not, we'll start chasing it down more
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Try adding a ground wire directly to the bulb socket and ground it to the body. I've found that more often that not, an oddball electrical problem that does wierd things with other, separate functions is usually a bad ground somewhere.
    New flasher in, same issue. So I guess I have a spare

Pat, When depressed half way, the flashers all work and every turn signal activates. So all the bulbs and sockets operate.

There is a panel of relay's on the drivers side kick panel... burried of curse. any of those for the flashers??? Beginning to think it is the switch although the flash to pass still works.

New issue, ABS light in the dash now on. Weird, turn the key to on and leave it there 5 seconds, the obs module uunder the battery goes WHRRRRR for about 2 seconds.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Re: UPDATE D@mn turn signal relay 92 IROC R/t And ABS Issue

Anyone have a G/J body 91/92 turn signal switch. The type mounted in the dash. Also any tips for getting it out without destroying the dash surround it is under. 5 screws, but then it seems locked.

Is the signal deactivate mechaincal or electric. Switch will still turn off... But a mechanical assy from the turn stalk to the switch seems highly unlikely due to placement.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

Are you talking about the little hockey stick switch near the upped left of the part of the dash around the guage bezel? If so I have one out of a '91 from a junk yard. One of those "I don't want to leave the jardr empty handed so I'll grab one of these cuz I might need it some day although my Daytona is 4 years older" LOL...

I tried to remove it using tools cuz I'm like that, try not to destroy something another mopar enthusiast will need? but.... I think the dash is built entirely around that thing... if I wasn't allowed to break shiit getting it out, it would have ben crushed with the car!

Want it? I have no idea what it is worth? 1/2 hour to remove? 5 years storage fee? LOL... heck, I'll have to try and find it... pics are free

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Want it.... Sooner the better. Yes hocky stick thing. Shoot me a price.

Ken Adler
    8653 Roth farm Lane
    Alexandria, KY 41001

The dash has a surround with 5 screws on the bottom side. Still wondering if it could be a relay... Hmm need to pull the service manual.
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

See me ride out of the sunset... Turbo Mopar Staff BadAssPerformance's Avatar

I'll go see if I have it then. Can ship out Tuesday, I'm, out of town tomorrow. PM me an offer, I have no idea what it goes for?

EDIT: I just found it. The white headlamp logo is slightly worn. I have to go to my work today so I'll put in in the UPS pile. It may go out tomorrow, but for sure by Tuesday when I am back in the office. Don't worry about offer or payment until you get it and it works...

JT
    SDAC Director
    SDAC-Chicago President
    JOIN SDAC and your local Chapter TODAY! - SUPPORT the CLUB that supports YOUR HOBBY!
    87 Shelby Z - 10.50@141.66mph
    87 CSX #751 Clone - 12.88@102.88mph

www.badassperformance.com
    Check out Turbo-Mopar Times!
    Submit your 1/4 mile times HERE!!

Support SDAC! Join Today!
    "I'm not some pro athlete with a bajillion dollars, I'm just an every man"
    Note: The information and any images provided in this post are not for distribution outside this forum without the author's permission.

Ken you need the the switch in the column, the hazards switch is giving you a fit, pm me and Ill send you a list of dealers that have one left on their shelf, its ns1

Quote Originally Posted by JDAWG View Post
    Ken you need the the switch in the column, the hazards switch is giving you a fit, pm me and Ill send you a list of dealers that have one left on their shelf, its ns1
    Just get it and send me the $$ amount to send to you... turn signals won't work though/??? Oh well.. can never have enough spares.. As always... It will be worth your while..
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast