Thread: Torque specs on for the clutch bolts

Torque specs on for the clutch bolts

The 6 (I think) bolts holding the pressure plate to the flywheel, what are the torque specs on these in ft. lbs?

I don't have my service manuals here.

Thanks!
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: Torque specs on for the clutch bolts

Usually about 20-25. I don't have the exact specs handy though.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Well I have them at 45 ft. lbs. so that should be good. Hard to do more when it moves. I mean I know the clutch needs to be able to do it's job, but the way this thing is made, you can't over torque the bolts right? I know you can break them, but you can't over tighten them so the clutch doesn't work properly, correct?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Alright, I read the KB (Very useful, btw) and see it is 21 ft/lbs. Is over tightening bad, I guess that is all I need to know.

OH and by the way, make sure to tighten the pressure plate bolts BEFORE you re-install the transmission... Don't ask me how I know this.

I would retorque the to the proper specs. I always put blue loctite on them as well.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Quote Originally Posted by slasky View Post
    I would retorque the to the proper specs. I always put blue loctite on them as well.
    I did.... I thought about it and figured I should or next thing I know I've got to do this again for whatever reason.

Thanks guys!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

I am suprised you were able to get 45 Ftlbs on those 13mm bolts Kinda suprised nothing let go... You did loctite them right?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Wow! They didn't strip or break! Pretty decent bolts you have there.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

boostaholic

21 Ft/LBs and a little blue loctite to go with that

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    I am suprised you were able to get 45 Ftlbs on those 13mm bolts Kinda suprised nothing let go... You did loctite them right?
    In a manner of speaking I did. Nevertheless, they're not going anywhere and everything went back in perfect. Only issue I had was I put a little too much fluid in the transmission, so now I have a wheel that is as shiny as ever!

Thanks again for the post guys!