Thread: Upgrades??? 1994 plymouth duster

Mitsu booster

Upgrades??? 1994 plymouth duster

What all is possible to upgrade for a stock 94 plymouth duster? 3.0l v6

I cant find anything for this car lol and i been lookin forever. please help

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Upgrades??? 1994 plymouth duster

Thats because there isn't much or anything.

You can swap intakes from other models, do a cat back system-2.5 inch max diameter, do a good tuneup with some good wires-see sig, nice cold air system and I do sell cams to wake them up.

Brent aka Ondonti is the guy to talk to, he's turbo'd one and sorta has it running but he knows all the stuff that will swap.

Suspension, brakes, that all interchanges between all models 91 and up so you can get some decent shocks and struts, springs and 11 inch front brakes, and 11 inch rear discs.
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

I believe ONDONTI has worked with the V6.

Here is a good link on making more power with a 3.0. Its a bit dated, but alot still applies.

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/30v6.html

You can also visit the 3.0 mailing list at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/chrysler3literV6/

There is some info from me on that page. Before my 3.0 IROC met it's match, I was putting down 159whp and 181 Ft lbs of torque.

I've always wanted to a few things to the 3.0. I'd love separate the two banks. I think removing the center divider in the plenum is the wrong way to go. I'd make a two throttle body intake manifold that separated the banks. Then there are my ideas on a twin turbo setup using said intake manifold.

Some of the newer 3.0 stuff people have tried is re-engineering GM's 3.8 headers for the 3.0. I don't know if anybody has tried using megasquirt for a N/A tune. The closest I got was a timing computer from Superchips. I dyno tuned the car for 8whp more.

I've always felt the 3.0 is a great motor. Just very much unsupported because of the turbo motors. I also feel the motor is under rated at 140 crank horsepower.

If I had a garage, I'd revisit a 3.0 shadow for a turbo project.
    James Dempsey Jr 91 Dodge Shadow ES convertible 95 Dodge Neon Sport sedan 2.4 5spd