Thread: Looking for help with motor issues-Need a good mechanic!!

Hybrid booster

Looking for help with motor issues-Need a good mechanic!!

Looking for help around the Norwalk area to repair my 88 T2 Lebaron I have got.

I believe it has rod knock and looking for someone that knows how to rebuild or repair the issue correctly in a timely manner. Car is a 88 Lebaron 2.2 converted T2 with automatic. It has what sounds like engine knock but I have never had this kind of problem with a car. Car has only 88k or so on it.

Work has promoted me and I will not have time to fix it and I need to repair it for my winter car and I rather not sell it off since I have a little bit of $$$ invested into it and I like the car very much.

Will pay for services and parts but want it done right. Giving guys on the boards to chance to see if they can help before going to a machine shop or repair shop - figured you all would know more than them.

Like the motor repaired and also the vacuum and all connections verified and corrected if needed. I would be willing to help out when I can to learn and lend a hand.

If the same person can do tranny's once the motor has been fixed I need the tranny in my omni yanked and upgraded/repaired. Runs and drives but slips pretty good at times. Want it beefed to run 12's possibly down the line at the track.

E-mail me if you can help and have the capability to repair the car in about 2-3 weeks if that.

I am a somewhat former ford guy so I do not know much about these cars and the repairs.

Thanks

mike

clarkwhoracing@yahoo.com

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Re: Looking for help with motor issues-Need a good mechanic!!

Added a bit to the title for you. Wish you were closer, could easily help you out, its what I do,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

Hybrid booster

Thanks - the extra will help.

I have the tendency to start major projects like this and other stuff comes up and sits. Especially now with promotion at work and fall - I have too much other stuff to get done before winter.

I did it before with a 79 AMC AMX I was building up - basically a "frame off" restoration and 12 second car - had about $7K into and let it go for $2500 due to time and bills - do not want a repeat.

Yeah - you are a little bit away but the bump and title change is appreciated.

turbo addict

Tow it out to Rochester, NY and ill do it for you!

Hybrid booster

PM'ed you back 1FastCSX289

Anyone locally by me???

Rookie to these turbo 4's and I need some help..

Hybrid booster

Got a motor to swap in and a couple of buddies to help me so I am making progress.

Thanks all that responded.