Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progress pics, watch out 56k.

turbo addict

Progress pics, watch out 56k.

Ok, everyone else has pics up, I may as well join.

I finally got the shortblock together. I hope that I don't see those pistons again until I put in the really stout shortblock. This one is just an inspect & measure, rering & new bearing job.

I never realized just how wide this head is comapred to the block.

The welding job. A piece of the head broke out when the plug was removed. If the crack had leaked less I wouldn't have bothered. The rest of the valve train should be arriving int he next couple weeks. Still putting the finishing touches on the rocker arm fix I've been dealing with; and Wallace has the remainder of the valve train.

Lonewolf STG III exhaust:

Lonewolf STG III intake:

All wrapped up until I put some more stuff on.

“If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Turbo224's Avatar

Re: Progress pics, watch out 56k.

Wow, that lw port work looks great. I wish I had the funds for that. Looks like a good start. You'll probably have it together before mine!

~Tyler Larsen~Salt Lake City~
    -92 Daytona R/T (T3/T4 Hybrid, Quaife, etc...)
    -86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Woody (winter beast)
    -01 Audi TT Quattro (daily driver)
    -71 Plymouth Cuda 440-6pk tribute

Check out my Homepage

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo224 View Post
    Looks like a good start. You'll probably have it together before mine!
    I might have it done before as far as the date goes. I started taking it apart 23 months ago after the oil pump & i-shaft parted ways. Total time frame, you've probably got me beat by a long shot.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

turbo addict

very nice, how much is the build going to cost?
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanman²'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
    You never ask with a TIII, lol!

Looking good, at least your working on it,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

My repair costs only or including the mods on the car at purchase?

Good new today! The cams should arrive sometime next week!!!!

A little bit of deburring, polishing & welding to get the rockers done. Everything is finally falling into place. Hopefully I didn't lose too many fasteners.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

That (2nd to) last comment has me worried about my latest acquisition (to be picked up tomorrow) a Spirit R/T... Hope I don't regret it!

turbo addict

I was thinking total build price
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor zin's Avatar

I was thinking total build price
    Oh, I wasn't referring to the cost of car, it was a steal considering all that it came with, but like just about everything I own, I'll just have to spiff it up a bit, and it seems with these cars it won't be like the Omni, no JY upgrades here! Or at least none that I'm aware of yet.

Mike

PS I've always wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your avatar, always good for a chuckle!

turbo addict

More progress in the past few days. It's finally starting to look like an engine!!!

Nice job on the intake, have to do mine yet.

What size turbo again?

Looking good, any ETA?
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Nice progress clean install on the EGT probe too

When do you expect to make some noise with that motor?? Is this a springtime timeline or sooner ?

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

turbo addict

Paint those valve covers!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor supercrackerbox's Avatar

He told me he's given up on deadlines, considering the first deadline he set was SDAC-16.

I'm in the same boat though, my first deadline I set for the Charger was right about a year ago.

turbo addict

ETA is "when it gets done." I'm doing my best to get it fired up before it's cold enough in the garage to see my breath.

Turbo is 50 trim TO4E/ .63 STG 3.

The intake was painted with some regular Krylon wrinkle red from O'Reilly's. I never had any luck with the VHT paint. Too bad since the color is richer.

Quote Originally Posted by supercrackerbox View Post
    He told me he's given up on deadlines, considering the first deadline he set was SDAC-16.

I'm in the same boat though, my first deadline I set for the Charger was right about a year ago.
    Gotta do what I did, just work every night/day until its done,

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    ETA is "when it gets done." I'm doing my best to get it fired up before it's cold enough in the garage to see my breath.

The intake was painted with some regular Krylon wrinkle red from O'Reilly's. I never had any luck with the VHT paint. Too bad since the color is richer.
    It looks good, I never used VHT crinkle paint and very impressed how my valve covers worked out,

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Gotta do what I did, just work every night/day until its done,
    Oh no. Been there, done that. I can't chance the consequences of making mental errors at work due to lack of sleep.

The last 2 times I pulled all-nighters on my cars I've also come away with mild cases of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Resident Nuke Turbo Mopar Contributor denviola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post

if you can do powder coat, red robin wrinkle powder is the closest match. Just got a pound on ebay for 12 or 15 + ship. Saw some work MPGMike did with it and it is a good match, and he told me that is what he used. Don't have any pics tho, and won't be redoing the coating on mine until winter.
    Denny
    SDAC Member, Steel City Chapter SDAC Member, SV-SDAC member, SV-TD Member
    www.sv-td.com
    85 600 ES Turbo Conv., 91 Spirit R/T
    2014 RAM Laramie Longhorn Crew Cab Dually. 6.7 CTD, AISIN, 4.10 gear
    68 GS400 (owned since 1973, someday 455)
    2012 Can-AM RT Limited

turbo addict

Powder coating is going to be taken care of. I'll be sending off the ported intake & the Spirit R/T valve covers along with another board members items to have a nice wrinkle red put on them. Found someone who can do it sooner than the local p-coater who does wrinkle red only a few times a year.

turbo addict

Finally got a start on routing the hardlines for the vacuum lines. I think overall they look cleaner than having the vacuum block look like Medusa's head with limp rubber lines. I first used a spring style bender and got some really nice sharp, kink-free bends, but was unable to get the tool off the line afterwards. Unfortunately my other bender won't do sharp bends. I'm going to try some hard plastic line since I should be able to get that to bend sharper without kinking when a little heat is applied.

Also got the oil feed line and filter mounted after they arrived this weekend. The intake really limits one to mount it on the turbo, especially if you ever plan on servicing the filter without taking the intake off.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast