Thread: Wreckless ruin of a Neon

Thumbs up Wreckless ruin of a Neon

I was in O'neill this weekend visiting my family before they moved to NM. I had to go get gas before my departure, and a yellow neon R/T pulled up at the gas station, and started inquiring about my car. He asked if it was fast, I just shrugged. T1 car...bone stock (minus A/C feature, I took that off) It was full of my little brothers stuff, about six boxes, and he asked if I wanted to race. I said sure, it's been a while since I have. So...we head outta town. About ten miles out, on the top of a hill, he turns around. I'm following him, I have no idea where the hell we are at. As I turn around, I notice that you can see for about 4-5 miles of the road, and it's clear. Downhill race...ok. I stay in the correct lane, he's in the wrong lane, and we start from a 25MPH roll. I leave my car in second, his is automatic. I let him take off first, and his car was quicker than I thought. Then the turbo kicked in...and it all went "downhill" from there. I blew by him in third, full turbo, and just kept going. I drove back into town because I couldn't see him, not sure if he slowed down, or what happened...but I took a picture.

I did that most of the way into town, slowed down when I saw the sign stating it was two miles before O'Neill.

I thought it was a good kill.
    2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Mods coming soon!

Re: Wreckless ruin of a Neon

I think that's right around 100 MPH.

I don't think Neon R/T's were ever offered in autos though, could have been a sticker mod.

It might have been, but it had the badge on the back. It's possible it was a sticker mod.

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Did it have the factory dual exhaust tips? Or maybe one of the two styles of factory 16" wheels? (They only came on the R/Ts on the 2nd Gens)

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

It had dual exhaust, but it came out on the sides of the car. It had aftermarket wheels on it, at least 20 inches, but it wasn't a sticker. It was an actual badge. It also had a 2.0 MAGNUM sticker on it.

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Hmmm...strange. Either it was and they swapped in an auto or they did a bit of work just to make it a "clone"...

You beat him either way so nice job!

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98