This past week I got to put a little smack down on an old 1980'ish Mazda RX7 that had a Wankel engine in it with my N/A PT Cruiser. He lives somewhere down the road from my house and is always speeding a bit. I can usually here him coming from a mile off with the fart cannon on it because it is always spitting and popping as he changes gears at every turn. The road I live on zig-zags about every 1/2 mile or so.

So I am leaving for work and he passes by just as I am pulling out of the drive. And as usually he is going pretty fast. So I catch up to him before the first sharp turn and he of course has to slow down pretty hard as the road is rather bumpy and that old Mazda has to be like riding in a go-cart as those things had a horrible suspension in them. I had several friends that had them and I couldn't stand them because of that stiff ride they had. Not to mention how they rattled like cages.

Anyway, he starts trying to loose me after coming out of the turn, but the PT absorbs the bumps pretty good as I can take the turn much faster and stay right on his tail all the way to service road where he gets a little jump on me at the stop sign. But there is a tight S-turn going into the hwy on-ramp and his Mazda just can't handle the turn as good as the PT does. So I am right on his tail again and can hear that thing spitting and popping again as he accelerates hard. But to his surprise, I come around him on the left and pass him fairly easily running up to about 80mph before I back off where I am about 2 cars ahead. You should of seen his face though as I passed by - priceless.