Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 87 GLHS v. 96 Mustang GT

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

87 GLHS v. 96 Mustang GT

So four of us were riding around in Josh's(87glhs232) 'S and stopped for gas. While we were there a Mustang pulls in and we started talking shop and asked the guy if he wanted to race. So we fill up the 'S and pull out behind the Mustang and hit the first light we got to. Keep in mind there are four of us in the 'S and one guy in the 'Stang. So we take off as the light turns green and the poor 'Stang never had a chance. First gear we had a fender on him, second gear was 1 1/2-2 cars,and by the end of third gear it was too many lengths to count. Better luck next time

Mustang had a 4.6 with intake/headers/exhaust/MSD ignition in case anyone cares
    85 LeBaron GTS 03 PT Cruiser GT

turbo addict

Re: 87 GKHS v. 96 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCSX View Post
    ...by the end of third gear it was too many lengths to count.
    Beating people with a car loaded down is funny.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor 2.216VTurbo's Avatar

Re: 87 GLHS v. 96 Mustang GT

That is too funny, 750 extra pounds of testosterone riding around in the S car. Let's see, you go about 275# right Branden, Josh a little less, Scotty is about 120# soaking wet

BTW, we're doing a little impromptu SD meeting tomorrow evening (Thursday) at Irwindale raceway Up for a little road trip???

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife
    90 Masi 16V White/Ginger/Black
    89 TC Masi 16V Red/Ginger/Black
    86 GLHS #110 RoadRace Built 89 CSX-VNT Recaro Car
    89 Turbo Mini 'Woody' 85 GLHT 'RedBox'
    2014 Explorer DD'r 3.5Twin Turbo Ecoboost AWD and 500HP
    My profile page has over 20,000 views, I'm somebody LOL

boostaholic

Murdered him.

We were wondering about the extra weight. Branden is 220, I'm the 275 you though B was, your right on with Scotty at 120, and we had Kelly at another 120ish. With a nearly full tank of gas and my sound system thats around 500lbs overweight (excluding me of course).

I launched soft too. Poor Mustang

Hybrid booster

Ok OKAY I get it! I'm trying to save up for an S car.... I can't take the pressure! I think a part of me just died Although, I did get a marriage proposal this morning while cruising with the windows down. Wonder if the S car will get me the same reaction?

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by mustangsally View Post
    Wonder if the S car will get me the same reaction?
    I would oblige....

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

Sally, my neighbor has an '87 GLHS that he has told me he was wanting to sell before. He says it is more than he wanted as he had owned a Shelby Charger a long time ago and ended up buying this one off E Bay a couple years ago now. His exact quote to me was "I'd sell it for what I got in it if I could just have enough to get a stock Garnet Shelby Charger." He was saying he wanted $2000 for it. Now it does/did have a bunch of miles on it but the engine was much newer as it had been rebuilt and has a few performance mods done by the previous owner and I thought he said it was around 40-50K on it. It HAD a descent body with no rust or obvious dents and such, just the usual clear coat fade and peal. It just sat in his driveway all the time and he barely ever drove it. Then all of the sudden, it was gone. I thought maybe he had finally sold it. It was gone for a couple weeks. Then one day, it was back! It has been repainted! It looks great from the road! (I haven't gone up and looked at it up any closer than driving by.) It doesn't have its decal kit back on it and I don't know if he is planning on putting it back on. I would imagine that it could still be bought but I'm sure he would have to have more than $2000 for it now.

I'm sure your marriage proposal has more to do with you than with the car you were driving. I bet you could still get one/them with an S-car from guys outside this Forum as long as the car looked as nice and shiny as your newer Mustang! Especially if you had just got done waxing them from light to light!

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Quote Originally Posted by 87glhs232 View Post
    Murdered him.

We were wondering about the extra weight. Branden is 220, I'm the 275 you though B was, your right on with Scotty at 120, and we had Kelly at another 120ish. With a nearly full tank of gas and my sound system thats around 500lbs overweight (excluding me of course).

I launched soft too. Poor Mustang

Dammit! Keep getting you guys mixed up Hey, you guys wouldn't be interested in switching avatars would you ? Then maybe I could keep you guys strait. Pretty good guessing on the weight, I used to work for the carnival you know Been a loooong time since I had three buds in the GLHS out looking for trouble at night, good ole days... I'm jealous!

AJ (no More Alan) 84 Rampage RT TIII/568 Quaife 87 GLHS dealer optioned Red 16V Masi/568/Quaife

Hybrid booster

Thanks Josh But you know - you'd have to share the S car with me. Or...fight me for it as the case would probably be

Quote Originally Posted by fleckster View Post
    Sally, my neighbor has an '87 GLHS that he has told me he was wanting to sell before. He says it is more than he wanted as he had owned a Shelby Charger a long time ago and ended up buying this one off E Bay a couple years ago now. His exact quote to me was "I'd sell it for what I got in it if I could just have enough to get a stock Garnet Shelby Charger." He was saying he wanted $2000 for it. Now it does/did have a bunch of miles on it but the engine was much newer as it had been rebuilt and has a few performance mods done by the previous owner and I thought he said it was around 40-50K on it. It HAD a descent body with no rust or obvious dents and such, just the usual clear coat fade and peal. It just sat in his driveway all the time and he barely ever drove it. Then all of the sudden, it was gone. I thought maybe he had finally sold it. It was gone for a couple weeks. Then one day, it was back! It has been repainted! It looks great from the road! (I haven't gone up and looked at it up any closer than driving by.) It doesn't have its decal kit back on it and I don't know if he is planning on putting it back on. I would imagine that it could still be bought but I'm sure he would have to have more than $2000 for it now.

I'm sure your marriage proposal has more to do with you than with the car you were driving. I bet you could still get one/them with an S-car from guys outside this Forum as long as the car looked as nice and shiny as your newer Mustang! Especially if you had just got done waxing them from light to light!
    Well that was a rollercoaster ride....I was all excited at first...then I kept reading!

Perhaps...but he first rolled up to me with a "Nice car"...then came back and proposed. I'm thinking, dude, you drive a Nissan Maxima... jk!

boostaholic

Thanks Josh But you know - you'd have to share the S car with me. Or...fight me for it as the case would probably be
    Pssh....I'm dreaming of his and hers 'S cars

turbo addict

First gear we had a fender on him, second gear was 1 1/2-2 cars,and by the end of third gear it was too many lengths to count.

In Nebraska, after 3 cars we begin measuring in bus lengths. Great story! Makes me miss my GLHS.
    “If the people of the nation understood our banking and monetary system, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” -Henry Ford

Hybrid booster Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 86Shelby View Post
    In Nebraska, after 3 cars we begin measuring in bus lengths. Great story! Makes me miss my GLHS.
    Good one! I would have to say 2-3 bus lengths then
    85 LeBaron GTS 03 PT Cruiser GT

Hybrid booster

Have I told you that I like how you think?

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Other great hits in this epic compilation include:

'I run 11s on 10psi+75shot!'

'I run 11s on 14psi and 93!'

and the ever popular

'Supras aint got ---- on my turbo maxima!'

All this for only $0.00, Thanks to Google!

Also, good race. i wish i had raced more older 4.6s in my intrepid when it was running right. after i waxed a 2000+ auto GT in it i was like holy crap i coulda been embarassing people left and right if only id known how slow they were!

imo the rear seat passengers in a 2400 lb 2 door hatch have to count as having lost in some way too, tho

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    imo the rear seat passengers in a 2400 lb 2 door hatch have to count as having lost in some way too, tho
    Not after 5 minutes when the feeling returns to their feet.

Hybrid booster

Mustang had a 4.6 with intake/headers/exhaust/MSD ignition in case anyone cares
    Nice kill!
    Wait till you whack an S197! Mmmmmm that's good!

Wonder if the S car will get me the same reaction?
    I would think that you would not even need a car for that.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

Josh, I know you are trying to get a San Diego SD/TD chapter going but stealing Sally away to boost membership AND attendance at the meetings is kind of hitting below the belt dontcha think ? It's exactly the kind of tactic I would try BTW I could just see you PMing all the members, telling em Sally was gonna be at the meet with her GLHS

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Hmmm Her GLHS... What gives Allen??
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 2.216VTurbo View Post
    It's exactly the kind of tactic I would try BTW
    Try or did?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast