Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Condenser area mounted radiator

Mitsu booster

Re: Condenser area mounted radiator

Jon, you car is slow....

Just Kidding...that's a nice radiator

I'd hate to see what would happen if I lived there with you and Tom. We all would have high HP monsters.

Blake don't make me school your SVO. ;-)

Ok, so the good and the bad. The good news is it fits like a dream. Clearance is fine and it really sits flush like it should AND looks awesome installed (pictures to come).

The bad, the extra length of 1" he added and where I have the peg mounts puts it too close to the factory IC so the factory IC can't sit where it is. Ok, so that may sound bad, but this just means I HAVE to get a FMIC.

Wife wasn't too thrilled about spending the money, but she says you have to. I love my wife.

So now the question is, should I go with something like this?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...178616295&rd=1
    Found this on eBay this morning. Total price is $200, but the size is HUGE. I'd have to make a few adjustments to the front end area, but it will fit. I'll just have to figure out how to mount it up. Any comments or suggestions? BTW, an NPR IC of about the same size is going for about the same and this is a little smaller so it should fit better.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Mitsu booster

Talking Re: Condenser area mounted radiator

Jon,

I have been considering that intercooler as well for my SVO. I am going to get a 3 inch downpipe, t3/t4 turbo and a FMIC.

I have no doubt you will beat me down right now...I am basically bone stock.

BUT....as Tom would say...at least I am driving the correct set of wheels.

You still owe me pics of your rides....

turbo addict

What kind of reviews are the SVO guys giving that intercooler? $200 doesn't sound bad at all.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Mitsu booster

There are quite a few SVO guys who use the NPR intercooler, the volvo intercooler, and Stinger and Forced4 makes a custom intercooler for the SVO. There are also a few that have used this one that is on ebay with no problems. For the price, it looks like a good deal. The stock intercooler is not very efficient, so some people use the Thunderbird turbocoupe intercooler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SVO Blake View Post
    Jon,

I have been considering that intercooler as well for my SVO. I am going to get a 3 inch downpipe, t3/t4 turbo and a FMIC.

I have no doubt you will beat me down right now...I am basically bone stock.

BUT....as Tom would say...at least I am driving the correct set of wheels.

You still owe me pics of your rides....
    You'll get pics soon enough, probably when I get the IC purchased and installed. I think this IC I mentioned above is 2.5" in/outlets, but with a 52mm TB that's not a problem. I mean 2.5" is about 62mm so even if I did a conversion to the Jeep TB (not sure the engine size, 3.7L maybe?) I would still be fine and not bottlenecking at the IC.

Almost finished, so I should have pictures by 5pm or earlier.
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    I think this IC I mentioned above is 2.5" in/outlets, but with a 52mm TB that's not a problem. I mean 2.5" is about 62mm so even if I did a conversion to the Jeep TB (not sure the engine size, 3.7L maybe?) I would still be fine and not bottlenecking at the IC.
    Jon, I'm using 2.5" pipe with my 52 mm throttle body with no problems. My intercooler has 2.5" in/outlets too.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Ok, here are some pictures, but not the best. Hard to see how much room is saved, but needless to say, I can now use the regular oil filter and overall have more room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	6030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	6031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	6032   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine4.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	154.6 KB 
ID:	6033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine5.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	6034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine6.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	6035  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine7.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	6036  

Mitsu booster

Very nice pics Jon.... I like the looks of the engiine bay. Those Ground Control CC plates look good. I have Tom's old Hotchkis CC plates on the SVO.

Is that the same Shelby Charger you had back in the day? Wasn't it maroon? I think I remember Tom telling me you had it painted. Or this another one?

I think I want to paint the SVO black. I really wanted a black SVO....

Yeah I've had the plates for about 6 years? I put them on a while back, but didn't have the coil overs till about 2-3 years ago.

Just painted the engine bay in the last year. I'm going to do a little better job with the color and painting when I get it painted again. Also going to do a better job on the wiring. Just redid everything, but STILL need to make some changes.

Thanks Blake and come down anytime. Tom and I both have places for you when you get here.

turbo addict

Hey?????

I know that car/engine bay! hehehe...

Been pulled over lately

Quote Originally Posted by badandy View Post
    Hey?????

I know that car/engine bay! hehehe...

Been pulled over lately
    lol More than you know. Got pulled over last weekend and TWO times after Turbopalooza. When's the next event? I can't wait to get pulled over again for absolutely NOTHING. ;-)

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by minigts View Post
    Ok, here are some pictures, but not the best. Hard to see how much room is saved, but needless to say, I can now use the regular oil filter and overall have more room.
    Looks really good. Do you have pics of how the FMIC & piping works with it?
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Looks really good. Do you have pics of how the FMIC & piping works with it?
    Man, I'm STILL working on it. I have a tight fit with the battery and the neck of the radiator, so the bend from the IC to the TB is tricky. The biggest problem I have is no one in town has 3" pipe and a bender willing to do it. I may end up having to fabricate something to get it to work. For the time being I am bypassing the IC and putting around wherever I go. :-|

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123