Thread: Aftermarket head unit, Infinity speakers

boostaholic Turbo Mopar Contributor

Aftermarket head unit, Infinity speakers

I put a new radio/cassette/cd head in my '92 Voyager using a special "amp integration harness" that is supposed to keep the original Infinity factory speakers and amp working but I now only get sound from the front speakers. Is there something I need to do to get the Infinity amp to power the rear speakers? I connected the four speakers leads, + and -, the yellow battery wire and the red AC wire. Did I leave out something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

Re: Aftermarket head unit, Infinity speakers

The ground wire that "plugs" into the old radio needs to be grounded too. Give that a shot and you'll be gold as long as you hooked up the "power antenna" lead which activates the relay for the amps.

Ooops! Power antenna lead! What do I connect it to? There is a power ant. lead on the after market head, but not on the Chrysler gray and balck connectors. Thanks for the info!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][FONT=Comic Sans MS]'91 Shadow convertible 2.5 auto, three core RP IC, S60/.48 stg 1, ported two-piece intake/52mm TB, Menegon +1 swirl, 88 turbo cam, Venolias, Crower rods, TU deep sump pan, ported exhaust, 3" from SV to TP, Hughes TC, Peloquin diff, DSS L5 driveshafts, Shelgame cal, Koni struts/shocks. [/FONT]

I think the factory color is dk green and red

Thanks!

That fixed it!

cool.