Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: man i love turbo dodges

turbo addict

man i love turbo dodges

89 daytona 2.5 t2, its all stock and still beating up on other cars. so far the kill list is

ford focus svt
    vw vr6
    v6 mustang(haha not suprised)
    buick regal supercharged(older one)
    b18 integra
    go figure now i cant think of any more

soon i hope to run against my friends v8 stang(ran a 14.9) and other friends eclipse..spent 6k to go 15.5

heck after i beat the focus guy he was even nice and mentioned "ya my friend has one of those a shelby z" kinda cool at least the guy was friendly

i cant wait to save up some money for 3in exhaust from fwd, woo

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

Re: man i love turbo dodges

Even stock these cars can be a lot of fun, but wait until you turn up the boost
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Buy my stuff!!!!!!!!!!! :O) Turbo Mopar Vendor turbovanmanČ's Avatar

Great kills but I didn't know a 2.5 T2 was stock,
    1989 FWD Turbo Caravan-2.5 TIII, GT35R, auto, a/c, cruise, pwr windows/locks, fully loaded with interior and ran with full exhaust. RETIRED FOR A FEW YEARS! 12.57@104 :O)
    1984 Chev Getaway van, 6.2 Diesel with a remote mounted turbo setup burning WMO-For sale.
    2003 GSW 2.0L TDI, auto, fully loaded, modified, 360K-wife's.
    2004 GSW TDI, 5 speed, fully loaded, modified.

Aurora ignition wires for sale. Link to info

Super60 roller cams or custom/billet cams. Link to info

turbo addict

maybe a Mexican engine. they had a mix of almost everything.
    1988 Lancer Shelby 2.2TII 1989 Shadow ES 2.5TI 1992 Lebaron Sedan 3.0Auto 1993 Acclaim 2.5TI-A520 Hoard parts now!

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by turbovanman View Post
    Great kills but I didn't know a 2.5 T2 was stock,
    eh good point, 2.5 was swaped in completly forgot about that, ok so its not STOCK....and the boost is turned up to 14 hehe man i love the pull these engines deliver, cant wait for the dsm injectors, afpr and rrfpr for more fun o and exhaust of course

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

dood are you running higher than stock boost on a 2.5 on 2.2 electronics? hmmmmm hope you got a/f monitoring.

need exhaust! chop chop

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    dood are you running higher than stock boost on a 2.5 on 2.2 electronics? hmmmmm hope you got a/f monitoring.

need exhaust! chop chop
    nope its all good, its been chiped for a 2.5 and everything. so just 2.5 t cal i believe

Garrett booster

LOL I ran my '91 Daytona (2.5 T1) on 14.5 psi for 75K miles with NO INTERCOOLER and just an exhaust as my only mod. Had no problems with it whatsoever. One of the best cars I've owned actually.

turbo addict

i hope to race against my friends eclipse soon, he turboed a 420a,(non turbo motor) and put $6200 into the motor and his best run is a 15.8 hahah another guy drove it for the first time 15.5, he is all talk, all we heard was O THE CLUTCH IS SLIPPING, i rode with him a week later, no problem, no slip, he mad 180whp for that much....sad hopefully he will be back tonight i'll update ya guys for another tm win

uhh... if hes got a turbo 420a and ran 15.8 he forgot to close his wastegate, lol.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    uhh... if hes got a turbo 420a and ran 15.8 he forgot to close his wastegate, lol.
    haha ya tell me about it, he is running 5psi, he blew a piston a while back had only ONE put in his new car is a 95 talon turbo awd and he was telling me his wastegate was broken, had a major boost leak, was hitting cut out on his launches(is that a word haha) and overboosting..... wth man and he though i was crazy when i agued with him about it...he is kinda an idiot, and cant work on his cars, who owns a dsm and cant work on it he bout a bolt on turbo kit for his 96 eclipse and paid a shop 800 dollars to install it ya i could used the "confused' face on him all day

o and for an update i wooped a v8 camero last night pulled hard, with his gf in the car...priceless, and wooped a grandam, kid was like wanna race, man i never had a smile flip on so fast

Rhymes with tortoise. Turbo Mopar Staff cordes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 dart wagon View Post
    eh good point, 2.5 was swaped in completly forgot about that, ok so its not STOCK....and the boost is turned up to 14 hehe man i love the pull these engines deliver, cant wait for the dsm injectors, afpr and rrfpr for more fun o and exhaust of course
    A rising rate reg? for the cost of that you could be setup to do your own cals, and save a TON to tuning trouble. If it works for you that is cool, but there are many of us who would be willing to help you all we could to eliminate the RRR from the turbo lexicon.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by cordes View Post
    A rising rate reg? for the cost of that you could be setup to do your own cals, and save a TON to tuning trouble. If it works for you that is cool, but there are many of us who would be willing to help you all we could to eliminate the RRR from the turbo lexicon.
    thats a though also, my cal in the car has already been socketed for chips and what not

Quote Originally Posted by 1966 dart wagon View Post
    thats a though also, my cal in the car has already been socketed for chips and what not
    I would strongly suggest looking into it then. IMO it is the only way to go.

cant work on his cars, who owns a dsm and cant work on it he bout a bolt on turbo kit for his 96 eclipse and paid a shop 800 dollars to install it ya i could used the "confused' face on him all day
    lol at that!! completely agree. d00d needs to buy a toyota and leave it stock if he wants to race and cant work on cars.. hell, a v6 camry is now deep in the 14s stock.

Hybrid booster

Yea, definitely set yourself up to burn your own chips if you've already got a socketed computer....makes things much easier and there's plenty of knowledgeable people to help you with questions.

Garrett booster

Who are the guys that are knowlegeble and can help? I have a socketed computer and would love to burn my own chips sometime. Any tutorials?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemidare View Post
    Who are the guys that are knowlegeble and can help? I have a socketed computer and would love to burn my own chips sometime. Any tutorials?
    There are a couple of very basic ones that I have made for the LM and SBEC. They are really only to tell you how to socket the board and burn the chip, but it is where you need to start. www.omniglht.com/cal.html www.omniglht.com/sbec.html

Go over to www.moparchem.com and check out the scene. It is very helpful for those wanting to get going with the custom cals.

turbo addict

another kill crx b16 turbo with mods, wooped him WITH a slipping clutch
    another crx with a dohc b16 frankinstein motor turbo, walked him too

then ran agains the above eclipse guys car he now has a awd talon small 16 g man that intercooler(greddy) cools nice the charge pipe was like ice :O well anyways again with bad clutch through 3rd and 4th he had me by 2 cars, (from a 1st gear roll) he even jumped hahah. now i need clutch

this was all with the exhaust choped man its WAY FASTER

turbo addict

UPDATE

i race a band new 08 civic mugen addition with the k20(the god of honda engines from what i hear) and man i walked him, sure my exhaust was off so wya more power but woo it was fun

next i raced my friends 97 buick regal supercharged, i stayed dead even with him while hitting fuel cut the whole way, pull hard...cut...fall back(still even) that was fun, so i know im in the 14's with a pretty stock motor, 14psi no exhaust the buick ran a 15.2 with bad tires so i know im at least THAT fast

fun stuff i'll keep updating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast