Thread: Dyno results

turbo addict

Dyno results

I took my '88 Shelby Z to the dyno today. I don't think I did "too" bad...I did end up with the highest torque of the day(beating out an LS1 swapped Miata with a ZO6 tune), and highest power number 4-banger(LS1 got me here). It was raining all friggin day too. The only real dissapointment was the fact that the WBO2 was broken...I REALLY wanted to see what that was...but the Dawes said it was pig rich, so at least it was safe.

Mods are:
    -255lph hi-press pump
    -+40's
    -AFPR(set at 40# static)
    -NGK BPR5ES plugs set at .027"
    -the HEI converted cap/rotor w/MSD wires
    -modded stock air box w/drop in K&N
    -FMIC(2.5" piping)
    -1st gen DSM BOV
    -MBC set at 20#'s
    -3" exhaust w/cat & Borla XR-1 muffler
    -FWD stage 5 cal
    -3-bar MAP
    -Devil's Own progressive kit (3gpm nozzle, 60/40 water/meth, comes on at 10#'s...full at 18#'s
    -crank scraper
    -oil cooler

Stock items:
    -shortblock
    -head
    -cam
    -turbo
    -exhaust/intake manifolds
    -'88 2.25" swingvalve
    -'88 small WG can
    -coil
    -timing(12*)
    -clutch(although it is getting tired)
    -flywheel
    -tranny(A555)

The first two runs were done in 4th gear, the last in 3rd(just to see what would happen). This car has run a best of 14.5@100mph with a 2.3 60'.

Admin- "Alexandria" Ken... Comes W/4 Car Garage Turbo Mopar Staff GLHSKEN's Avatar

Re: Dyno results

Head and exhaust manifold are holding it back. Torque dove off the cliff. What boost?
    Ken Adler....
    Cars, A few (9)

turbo addict

Re: Dyno results

It's running 20#'s.

Yeah, I know the head and such are holding it back. Seeing this actually mkaes me want to do something about it, but money is kind of the issue right now. Going to college full time with no real income and holding down a house in one city and renting a room in another is a real wall in the way of doing anything about it.I don't have the time, or the propper tools to do it myself either.

Oh well...I have too many other projects anyways. I need to get cracking on the one for sure so I have a back-up car....