Thread: "Turbo" valve cover PCV baffle

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

"Turbo" valve cover PCV baffle

I'm resealing the PCV baffle to the inside of the valve cover on a "Shelby" and "Turbo" valve cover. They both use the same baffle and seal with RTV. It looks pretty straightforward, but do you need to put RTV in the upper groove that the baffle seats into? Any other tips so I can get this right the first time? Never messed with them before until now. I've already stripped and bead blasted the valve cover and baffle separately.

Re: "Turbo" valve cover PCV baffle

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    I'm resealing the PCV baffle to the inside of the valve cover on a "Shelby" and "Turbo" valve cover. They both use the same baffle and seal with RTV. It looks pretty straightforward, but do you need to put RTV in the upper groove that the baffle seats into? Any other tips so I can get this right the first time? Never messed with them before until now. I've already stripped and bead blasted the valve cover and baffle separately.
    The one I took apart did not have rtv in the upper groove and it worked fine.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."

turbo addict Turbo Mopar Contributor iTurbo's Avatar

One of mine did have it in the groove and one did not. I guess I don't see why it would be needed there, just want to be sure, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iTurbo View Post
    One of mine did have it in the groove and one did not. I guess I don't see why it would be needed there, just want to be sure, thanks.
    I don't think it is necessary either.
    SDAC member "It's not the ride, it's the rider."