Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB, Low mileage 86 GLHS, must be NICE!!!

Hybrid booster

Re: WTB, Low mileage 86 GLHS, must be NICE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    "......I've got leads on 9 cars so far with under 30k miles,........"

???????????????????????

are you saying you found NINE 1986 GLHS cars, each one with LESS than 30k original miles, and each for one sale? i just cannot believe it, because that would have to be nearly every 86S in existence, w/ that kind of mileage, for sale at one time. but if that is true: you can now knock me over right now with a feather. no disrespect intended at all, but your post above is quite literally the most outrageous post i have ever read at TM.com since the day the board was in service. my curiosity is pegged sir!
    Hey Marcus,
    This is Mark(sy2206). The car count now is actually up to 13. I'm going to look at 3 different cars in the next few days. As some other people have mentioned, just because these cars aren't on these forums, doesn't mean they aren't out there..... I will let you know what this week brings.

Mark with that inventory and your motivation i bet you get a nice car very soon, i look forward to seeing your new car.

i do agree with what others have said about many great TM's being out there w. owners who just do not participate in the on-line car hobby, i know that Dominic Papa who own 86S #015 w/ 5,000 miles on it couldnt care less about sharing his experiences w/ his car. but, the also would never, ever sell that car, he's so wealthy and so attached to his collection you'll need a miracle to get him to part w/ it.

#127, which is now in the hands of 3rd owner Dave Lewis of MA, was "discovered" by me by accident in 2002 sitting in the original owner's (Bob of Tolland, CT) garage w/ just 24,000 miles on it, that owner lives 5 miles from my house and i drove by his garage hundreds of times and never saw the car because it had not been outside since the early 90's and that owner too does not care about internet car websites. I took a very steep bid to pry that car away from Bob (i was told north of 10 grand).

both of these original owners are older (50's for Dominic, 60's for Bob) which might explain the hibernation factor.

good luck dont forget to post lots of pix please.

Mitsu booster

I`ll agree...there is a "hidden" world of cars out there, for instance there is a nice 88 csx-t within 10 miles of my house that sits under a carport, totally stock w/ under 40k miles, only thing missing is the center caps on the wheels. I`m not saying where it is cause i`ve been eyeing it for about a year....the owner is in his late 60`s an nows exactley what the car is....dammit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12