Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB, Low mileage 86 GLHS, must be NICE!!!

Hybrid booster

WTB, Low mileage 86 GLHS, must be NICE!!!

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a nice original low mileage 86 GLHS. I would prefer one that's stock. I know there's a bunch of these out there, it's just a matter on finding one. If anyone has something, or knows of something, please let me know. Thanks!!

sy2206@yahoo.com

turbo addict

Re: WTB, Low mileage 86 GLHS, must be NICE!!!

Only 500 made.

turbo addict

Quote Originally Posted by tryingbe View Post
    Only 500 made.
    What? Thats not a bunch?

Seriously, they are hard to come by, but if youre patient youll find your car. Be prepared to shell out some dough!

Youll get one mark

bump

Hybrid booster

Thumbs up Re: WTB, Low mileage 86 GLHS, must be NICE!!!

[QUOTE=sy2206;204937]Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a nice original low mileage 86 GLHS. I would prefer one that's stock. I know there's a bunch of these out there, it's just a matter on finding one. If anyone has something, or knows of something, please let me know. Thanks!!

Well be prepared to pay a lot for one if you do find one.
    Of the 500 made I would guess that less than 50 are low mileage and stock of the ones that do remain. They show up on ebay at times but not often.
    I have one but it will never be for sale. Good luck.

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Well, he will find one, but what is he willing to spend? There's the '87 GLH-S with the very high asking amount of $20k and someone said they wouldn't give $2k for it (car has like 20,000 miles).

So... you will find one, but don't expect to pay 2-3k or 20k either.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

Hybrid booster

Hey guys,
    Well, my search is going ok. I've got leads on 9 cars so far with under 30k miles, and I've only been looking a week. And yes, I understand that I'm gonna have to spend decent money to get a nice car. I'm expecting to spend between $10-14k. Once I find one, mine may go for sale(#085). Either that or I'll just keep it and have 2, or it may stay in the family and get sold to my bro or dad or someone.....

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

Coolio. Welcome to Turbo Mopar BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

"......I've got leads on 9 cars so far with under 30k miles,........"

???????????????????????

are you saying you found NINE 1986 GLHS cars, each one with LESS than 30k original miles, and each for one sale? i just cannot believe it, because that would have to be nearly every 86S in existence, w/ that kind of mileage, for sale at one time.

but if that is true: you can now knock me over right now with a feather.

no disrespect intended at all, but your post above is quite literally the most outrageous post i have ever read at TM.com since the day the board was in service. my curiosity is pegged sir!

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    "......I've got leads on 9 cars so far with under 30k miles,........"

???????????????????????

are you saying you found NINE 1986 GLHS cars, each one with LESS than 30k original miles, and each for one sale? i just cannot believe it, because that would have to be nearly every 86S in existence, w/ that kind of mileage, for sale at one time.

but if that is true: you can now knock me over right now with a feather.

no disrespect intended at all, but your post above is quite literally the most outrageous post i have ever read at TM.com since the day the board was in service. my curiosity is pegged sir!
    Well... he said leads, so I am guessing he knows of 9 cars with less than 30k. They may not be for sale on the market, but maybe one of the owners will let one go if Mark makes the right offer. Plus I would imagine Todd is helping Mark with finding some of these cars and he can find some crazy rare stuff!

Good luck with the search Mark!

"leads", to me, means sales leads. did i get that wrong?

if he just "located" nine 86 glhs cars, all having less than 30k original miles, that alone would be amazing, but not nearly as hard for me to imagine as nine cars like that all simultaneously offered for sale.

the most expensive way to purchase ANY automobile especially a collectable car: make a cold call to an owner who is currently not offering the car for sale, thats a formula for a potential killing by the seller. but i do hope he gets his car.

after you find your car, please give me some of the leads you speak of...im dying to get in one of these cars

Hybrid booster

he's probably going to buy one of Todd's cars!

turbo addict

Nine leads were given to Mark by me alone, so that is no exaggeration. He may have more. Some were actively on the market, some were low mileage cars I knew about that were sitting collecting dust for various reasons. Believe me, there are plenty of low mileage GLHS's out there. There are three l-bodies with under 60k in my garage alone.

Most everything is for sale, if you want to pay the price. That is the case with many of these GLHS's. Some GLHS owners that have kept the mileage down on their cars, are just waiting to hear from people like Mark that have money in hand offering a deal that they can't pass up. That is exactly how two of my previous L-bodies were bought from me. I've heard of a couple GLHS that were going to get traded in, until the dealerships offered like $3000 for their 15k mile car! They don't bite, and back into storage they go. Then guys like Mark come along cold calling them and offer $12k for the same car, and money and car changes hands. Both parties are happy! Sometimes it doesn't sell. Sometimes the owners think, well if this guy is offering $12K, it must be worth $20K. That is another reason why there are still many GLHS's sitting with low mileage. Their owners are thinking they are sitting on a gold mine. Time will tell...

Just because a car isn't advertised on these forums doesn't mean that they aren't out there. In fact, this would be one of the the last places I would search and expect to find a car like that.

I have a friend that buys only the rarest Hemi and 440 6 pak Cuda's, Challengers, and wing cars. He recently acquired a 15K mile 71 Hemi Cuda from the original owner! Can you imagine a car like that sitting in a one stall garage for the last 35 years! He tracked down leads just like Mark is doing. Not many of these huge dollar cars are ever advertised for sale, but they periodically change hands among the people that are willing to pay.

BTW- IMO, the low mileage GLHT's seem to be much more rare at this point in time. People squirreled away the S's because of what they were. That didn't happen very often with the GLHT's. Happy hunting!
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus86GLHS View Post
    "leads", to me, means sales leads. did i get that wrong?

if he just "located" nine 86 glhs cars, all having less than 30k original miles, that alone would be amazing, but not nearly as hard for me to imagine as nine cars like that all simultaneously offered for sale.

the most expensive way to purchase ANY automobile especially a collectable car: make a cold call to an owner who is currently not offering the car for sale, thats a formula for a potential killing by the seller. but i do hope he gets his car.

"......the low mileage GLHT's seem to be much more rare at this point in time. ."

i gotta agree with that.

and your info on these low mileage 86 GLHS's?
    i am now knocked over with a feather. amazing info.

total cold call me on my average GLHS? maybe 60 grand might make me begin to discuss it. good luck cold calling on a mint under-30k glhs at $12k.... i really wish that goes down for this buyer, but the seller might be foolish for taking such a cold call bid.

turbo addict

I've often wondered how many of these cars are still in original condition. 4 l-bodies brings up some very good points. The "internet" enthusiasts sometimes think the whole enthusiast group is here online. There are tons of car enthusiasts that think this forum stuff is a waste of time. There are others that don't even own a personal computer. I'd bet that only a small percentage of these cars are seen online. Go over to www.shelbyglhs.com and compare the ones listed with the number originally built. I bet there are quite a few of these cars that have been taken care of with good money spent on them.

Sy2206, good luck with your search. I hope you get what you are looking for.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

two point two much fun Turbo Mopar Staff Turbodave's Avatar

For every numbered car owner I know that's on the forums I probably know two that don't ever visit any of them. There is a much bigger world out there beyond the internet.
    Dave Tekampe
    Director SDAC National
    VP SDAC-Chicago

85 GLH-Turbo (DC intercooled)
    86 GLHS #107
    87 GLHS #148
    87 CSX #161, #608, #674
    88 CSX-T #529, #541
    89 Shadow Competition Package and lots more...

Invisible Turbo Mopar Contributor mcsvt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
    For every numbered car owner I know that's on the forums I probably know two that don't ever visit any of them. There is a much bigger world out there beyond the internet.
    Blasphemy!!!
    -Gary Mazzone-
    1986 GLHS #168

[FONT="Arial Black"]Paul[/FONT] [B][SIZE="1"]US ARMY INFANTRY VETERAN[/B] 1995 Dodge Stealth R/T White DOHC 5 speed 1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Red DOHC 5 speed 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Blue TI 5 speed (2) 1992 Dodge Daytona IROC, Red TI auto 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T, Red (project) 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT #382 1989 Dodge Shadow ES, White TI auto 1987 Daytona Shelby Z, White TII 1987 Chrysler T&C wagon, Tan TII auto 1985 Dodge Lancer ES, Bronze TI auto 1982 Wife, White[/SIZE] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by blk86trbo View Post
    I think he already know about this one. I believe he is going to look at this one and 2 others nearby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast