Thread: 91 Sundance Turbo RS

Hybrid booster

91 Sundance Turbo RS

There is one for sale locally and I was wondering what it should have under the hood? I'm assuming 2.5 TI???

How about the brakes, are they the bigger 11inch ones?

Is there anything really good for parts off of this car?
    I saw a pic of it in the for sale ad and it looks like a regular n/a shadow on the outside.(no turbo bump, ground f/x, etc)

Garrett booster

Re: 91 Sundance Turbo RS

RSs are nothing fancy at all, pretty low end. Just a 2.5 T1, little brakes, blah blah blah. It should have factory fog lights though, because RS stands for Rally-sport!!

Bad Mother Flecker Turbo Mopar Staff fleckster's Avatar

There was a beautiful black four door Sundance RS Turbo in my new neighbor's driveway most of the day. It was in excellent condition. Maybe they are the original owners?!? Hopefully, it will be back and I can get some info,pictures, and such. It's definitely an '89 or newer as it has the composite headlights. I would think a later model RS Turbo four door would have to have been more rare. And the fact that it is still on the road and very nice looking...sweet ride!

John M. Fleck

'83 Dodge Rampage 2.2 w/ 2.5L Turbo 14.79@94
    '87 Shelby Lancer #213 14.99@94
    '89 Chrysler LeBaron GT Turbo 'vert 15.88@92
    '92 Dodge Spirit R/T 13.50@104 ; 13.34@102 on slicks
    '98 Dodge Neon R/T 15.66@89
    '03 Dodge SRT-4 13.91@98

Supporting Member II Turbo Mopar Contributor

Saw one on the freeway last month. I was in my Rampage, about 100 yards back. Saw the twin tail pipes and caught up to him. He saw me coming. When I got up next to him he had a big grin and started pointing to his passenger to show him the power bulge on the 'page which says "intercooled turbo." We traded thumbs up. Then he downshifted, gassed it, and cut across three lanes to get to his offramp.
    John Laing

"The sole condition which is required in order to succeed in centralizing the supreme power in a democratic community, is to love equality, or to get men to believe you love it. Thus the science of despotism, which was once so complex is simplified, and reduced . . . . to a single principle."
    -- Alexis de Tocqueville

"One of the methods used by statists to destroy capitalism consists in establishing controls that tie a given industry hand and foot, making it unable to solve its problems, then declaring that freedom has failed and stronger controls are necessary."
    --Ayn Rand

"To evolve, you don't need a Constitution. All you need is a legislature and a ballot box . . . . things will evolve as much as you want. All of these changes can come about democratically; you don't need a Constitution to do that and it's not the function of a Constitution to do that."
    -- Justice Antonin Scalia

Cool. I think there was an '88 RS too. The one I saw had a "luggage rack" on the deck lid and red red with a red interior. Was definitely an 88, as it had the early tail lights without the 87-only blackouts.

Mitsu booster

I have a 90 RS and it's got the 2.5 T1, little brakes, and a sweet --- luggage rack.

I'm down with my bad self Turbo Mopar Staff Mopar_Nutz's Avatar

A guy at my work is selling one as well. I believe it's a `90 with a 2.5/523 combo. He's asking $1000 but not many people seem too enthused. If he still has it in a few months, maybe my next winter car.
    Ian
    `88 Mercedes-Benz 300E - The daily
    `92 Spirit ES - 2.5TI/523 swapped
    `89 Lancer Shelby - 2.5TI/413 stock
    `87 Shelby Charger - 2.2 with a few things done
    `79 Bronco 4x4 - Everyone needs a 4x4
    `76 Duster - Future big block stroker
    www.FWDMopars.com