Thread: Corvette guy riding in my CSX

Hybrid booster

Corvette guy riding in my CSX

My boss is somewhat of a gear head also who just bought a 2007 C-6 Corvette which is said to have 400 HP and previously owned a 300 HP 2006 Mustang GT with which he installed a Saleen Supercharger kit with $800 worth of tuning software to tune it to the sum of 475 HP at 8 psi. If I remember right, I don't think he bought the blower until I was running my CSX beside him one day.
    Anyways, he wanted a ride today after work since he is impressed with the way I've built up the car and he hasn't ridden in since I changed the head last year, ...so I gave him one.
    I drove out on the small road between the office buildings, which is far less than an 1/8 mile, to show him what 17 psi feels like now. I believe I scared the hell out of him when he was telling me to slow down. In conclusion, he claims he isn't getting a twin turbo kit for his Corvette until another year or so, but I bet it will be a bit sooner now.
    He hates losing to anyone, especially the thought of a 2.2 running beside him across the trap at the end of the track!

I've updated my CSX page since the car has been back on the road:
    http://www.turbofreak.com/shelby.htm#September-3-2007

Garrett booster

Re: Corvette guy riding in my CSX

That's a good one Chris! LOL! I will probably do the same when you get a chance to give me a ride in it.

Mike
    1986 Daytona Turbo Z CS - almost back together again 2012 - Ram 1500 - 5.7L Hemi

Moderator Turbo Mopar Staff Vigo's Avatar

checked out the link, looking good!

Hybrid booster

Thanx.

turbo addict

Car looks awesome. What are you using to mount your Innovate box to the windshield like that? I should do mine like that.

Those C7's are wicked cars. If you can keep up with one in a big fat CSX, my hat is off to you.

Time for some alky injection to take care of that detonation!

Edit:
    Watched the vid. Looks good. Seems like youre still rich (10.8:1 or so).

Hybrid booster

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastCSX289 View Post
    Car looks awesome. What are you using to mount your Innovate box to the windshield like that? I should do mine like that.

Those C7's are wicked cars. If you can keep up with one in a big fat CSX, my hat is off to you.

Time for some alky injection to take care of that detonation!

Edit:
    Watched the vid. Looks good. Seems like youre still rich (10.8:1 or so).
    Thanx.

I bought the mount for Innovate. Only bad thing is it was $75.

LOL, I'm mot quite sure if I could keep up with him or not, but him riding passenger gave him that "oh, crap this 4 cyl might out run me" feeling.

Thought about the alky, just not a dead set project yet.

I always like to stay a bit on the rich side running pump gas. I do lean it out some when 106 octane is involved.