Thread: Mopar Friction Tape

Mopar Friction Tape

Do they make the Mopar friction tape or the electrical tape for the wiring harnesses with the word Mopar on it? I thought they did and I was planning to do my harness with this.

Anyone seen this? If not, what is the best tape to use that won't get gummy?
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

turbo addict

Re: Mopar Friction Tape

I used 3m tape that I bought at Home Depot.
    Kevin Isenberg EVERYTHING is for sale!

Hot Certified Christians at TD! Turbo Mopar Staff Directconnection's Avatar

I used that friction tape everyone reccomended. Do NOT use that, it sucks. I did my harness with it on a 90 degree day and I could see just from the sun that it was being gooey and left it's marks on the car itself. Imagine when I had an engine in there what it would do. I ended up using just electrical tape which may not be too much better.

I think something like year one might have the correct stuff? I remember my stepfather re-doing his challenger with this stuff that looked like electrical tape, but didn't have the adhesive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 22mopar
    have a look at my feedback on the forum. all positive.

Steve

'90 VNT competition package Shadow - T-III SC6262 conversion/restoration
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '91 Spirit R/T - white
    '92 IROC R/T - red
    '67 Barracuda 273 now, 440/727 awaits....

boostaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Directconnection View Post
    I used that friction tape everyone reccomended. Do NOT use that, it sucks. I did my harness with it on a 90 degree day and I could see just from the sun that it was being gooey and left it's marks on the car itself. Imagine when I had an engine in there what it would do. I ended up using just electrical tape which may not be too much better.
    That friction tape will eventually lose its tackiness and not be such a mess...but true, it's a PITA and leaves crud all over.

turbo addict

black hockey stick tape works great. Looks stock and easy to apply.

Thanks for the replies and I will check out the various ones and the hockey tape. I thought there was a type of tape MP sold that had Mopar on it though. Or was this something else they used to wrap the harnesses? Maybe I was imagining things...
    [SIZE="3"] [B]Jon Trotter[/B][/SIZE] [B]1985[/B] Dodge Shelby Charger, Currently decommissioned [B]1987[/B] Shelby GLHS, #937 [B]1987[/B] Shelby Lancer, #628 [QUOTE=Reeves;587010]I can be ready. Please send pics of wife. _____DodgeZ add comments here______[/QUOTE]

Supporting Member Turbo Mopar Contributor

Maybe try this from Eastwood.
    Cloth tape

Hybrid booster

I used this stuff http://cgi.ebay.com/1-in-X-100-Foot-...QQcmdZViewItem and it works great...