Thread: Not boosting right..

Garrett booster

Question Not boosting right..

Hi all,

I have a turbosmart boost controller.. but if I try and go past 10 psi the boost goes up to 14 then drops to 10 then rises to 13 then drops back and forth..at the same time I can hear the engine rev up and down at the exact same time... a/f gauge indicates rich all the way thru, this is all at wot..oh yeah..this seems to happen more after the auto tranny shifts into third ......I have a line from brake booster to correct side of boost controller, from the controller I have the factory red restictor in then the line goes to the wastegate itself..I tried it without the restrictor and it took longer to spool..Only thing is I am not sure on the direction of the restrictor..screen on one end and open on the other? anyways from the restrictor the line goes to the wastegate can The factory solenoid is still wired but no vacuum to it......any ideas...thanks in advance for any help.....I am using a 90 T1 airbox and internal bov with a vnt bottom intercooler hose so I could bov it with the 90 box..lol I couldn't affor a aftermarket bov at the time.. Could this problem possibly be a factory plastic bov leaking? The Turismo is intercooled w/t2 rad and i/c with 89 t1 mitsu and auto all from a 89 mini 67000 klms, please let me know your thoughts..kind of annoying this issue.. checked codes...12,55.....

Cheers
    Robb..

Robb http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291434

Hybrid booster

Re: Not boosting right..

hi robb

well if it were me i would go with a "grainger valve " boost controller........

i run a threaded rod wastegate arm and a in car manual boost controller.....(voodoo).....just for fun..when i race i unplug it.

without the threaded rod i would'nt trust the manual one

i have run graingers for years and they seem to work great.....

deuce